Happy Friday from the front porch. I know I probably say this at the end of every month, but you guys, can you believe we’re just a few short days from October? I know! Me either!
How has your week been? I hope it’s been a good one and that you’ve been able to get a lot of things accomplished while at the same time giving yourself lots of time to enjoy life.
I don’t know what it is about this week but I’ve been feeling like I’m on auto pilot. Last week was kind of bananas because of my travel schedule and all the hurricane clean up. Oh, my word, there were a couple of moments I was headed for “losing it lane” but I know it’s just because I’ve been extra tired and overextended. This week feels like it’s an extension of last week without all the travel which is a clear sign I need to slow. it. down.
On a super sweet note, there have been so many doses of extra grace that help me keep it all in perspective like coming home from a long weekend and having the groceries already stocked and the best chicken pot pie-ish dinner EVER ready; a few extra days of being able to decorate with my mom at Bliss Barracks; and one of my uncles mowed around our pecan grove (totally unprompted) so we could see our pecan crop better. I know! It makes me melt just thinking about it.
Silver linings are the best.
Scenes from my week…
* One of the screens on the lanai at Bliss Barracks was damaged during the hurricane and while I was there I saw this little guy struggling to find a way out. We threw some peanuts by the door and tried to leave a little trail from the tree to the door for him but my dad thought it looked like we were throwing him a party he he someone may or may not have left out a lot of peanuts.
* You know those amazing pieces you have to leave behind because they’re just too big? This was one of those pieces for me. The carving on this armoire was stunning and at $150 it was a steal but I couldn’t justify renting a truck to get it home. It’s been a few days and I’m still thinking it.
* This is the mess that preceded the blue and white bedroom makeover. Our “staging area” was totally out of control which almost always happens on install days.
* A message from the horse farm project that read, “What have you talked me into?” I sent a message back relaying it’s always “darkest before dawn” and immediately offered up a reassuring phone call. You guys this is the scary stuff that happens but it almost always works out – you have to trust the process and the people you’re working with.
* I finally had the chance to flip through this month’s Country Living and there was an entire spread on barns! Gah, did you guys see it? They were all amazing but this one of my favorites.
Here’s a peek at a few of our favorite things from around the web this week… (Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
I think I’ve shared with you guys in previous posts we’ve been looking for a tiny house. I already have my eye on THE perfect little farmhouse but it would have to be moved from its current location to the pecan grove. Anyway, I didn’t realize it at the time but I just noticed my perfect farmhouse doesn’t have central heat and air which gave me the giggles thinking about that movie Money Pit. You can peek inside that house here and if you have 5.9 million dollars you can buy the Money Pit house too.
Have you guys seen one of the cofounders of The Everygirl Greystone home tour yet? It’s just as glamourous as you would imagine.
This bathroom makeover is drastic. I can’t even believe it’s the same bathroom – It’s really pretty.
This butler’s pantry is so organized it makes my heart go pitter patter.
This is such a beautiful way to celebrate fall in the entry of your home.
I can’t wait to try Ree’s White Chili recipe this weekend. Hearty soups are one of my favorite things about the fall season and we’re always on the lookout for savory new recipes.
Speaking of fall nostalgia, oh my word, break out the skillet for these immediately!
A few fall inspired finds from Amazon…
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
I hope you guys all have a peace filled and relaxing weekend. I can’t wait to see you back here on Monday with all the details of another bedroom refresh we’ve been working on at Bliss Barracks. Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.