Happy Thursday from the front porch you guys! How has your week been? Can you believe we’re entering the final week of January? Me either!
The last few weeks of the month always feels like a whirlwind as my mom and I celebrate our birthdays. Since they’re only four days apart we’re usually celebrating from her birthday to mine which is so much fun. We’re going to fit in one more get together this weekend and then we’ll be gearing up for all the exciting things to come in February.
If you had a chance to read last week’s From the Front Porch post or if you follow us on Instagram, you may already know we took our annual girls trip to the Renningers Extravaganza in Mount Dora this past weekend.
If you guys ever have a chance to go and you love to treasure hunt – it is so much fun! There are gobs of people there but gobs of vendors there too. We had a list of things we needed to pick up for Loblolly Manor and I was hoping to find a special painting for my office. I’m excited to say, I found a painting but it looks nothing like I thought it would. In fact, I asked my mom if it was too weird to even buy ha ha. In the end though, I knew I would regret not bringing her home.
I’m still working on the office but I’m hoping to show it to you soon. We had to make three trips to the car for all the pieces my mom found. Let me tell ya, she was on a roll! I’ve spent most of the week playing catch up after being gone for several days so I thought I would share some of the fun things we found at Renninger’s and a few of our favorite vendors.
Here’s a peek at scenes from our trip to Renninger’s…
* You can find the best deals out in the field. We buy things from this vendor every year. She’s definitely one of our favorites!
* If you’re looking for a good deal the best time to go is on Sunday because dealers don’t want to have to haul a bunch of items home. There were great prices even on Friday this year though. We bought a lot of stuff in bundles which always helps too.
* My mom picked up one of these and said, “I love the shape but not really all that yellow. You can fix it, right?” Of course, I can! Hello, another trip to the car (wink, wink)
* We bought two or three bags of things from this sweet vendor. She’s 88 and has been “in the business” for over 50 years. You know I was grieving having to leave those gorgeous pieces of ironstone behind!
* This moist butter cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate cream cheese frosting was ah-mazing.
A few of our favorite posts from around the web this week…
Super excited for this hard working and talented lady who will be featured in the February issue of Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.
This home tour has statement making details that feel both classy and comfortable.
Leave it to this creative lady to make carnations look like peonies. I am SO trying this!
This post, 3 Tips for Upping Your Interior Design Game in 2018 are totally doable.
This post has great examples of how to incorporate moody or masculine elements into your spaces at home.
The app that helps you keep track of how much time you’re spending on your phone. This could be scary and yet totally necessary all at the same time!
Valentine’s Day gift inspiration from Amazon…(Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
The Busy Girl’s Valentine’s Day Snack Box (from the archives)
I hope you have a peace filled and happy weekend. We have a great week coming up next week with more from The Horse Farm Projects including a furniture makeover and a bedroom makeover as well. On Wednesday, I’m stepping WAY out of my comfort zone to share a new monthly feature. Fingers crossed I can actually hit publish on that post.
We’re going to wrap up the week and then we’re headed out to spend some time with our family enjoying grilled cheese baskets and touchdown dances. It’s the little things, right?
Whatever you have planned, I hope it’s something you treasure.Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.