It almost always begins around Memorial Day weekend. I start thinking, “What do I want to do with my summer?” The possibilities seem endless. I get super exited about the many prospects 100 days can hold and within a few weeks my life gets busy again and I forget what sounded so exciting about my plans. It’s been confirmed so many times for me over the past few months, if you want to be serious about reaching your goals you need to write them down.
I’m making a commitment and writing down all of the fun activities I want to enjoy this summer season. This is my 2015 Summer Bucket List:
Breakfast on the beach Take a nap on a Saturday afternoon
Read a magazine in the hammock. Eat cherry pie
Find a sand dollar
- Camp under the stars.
Make watermelon basil Popsicles
- Give home office a makeover
- Cook from a vintage cookbook (yankee doodle macaroni!)
- Enjoy a movie matinee in the middle of a workday
- Read Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews
- Eat fish tacos at a beach shack
- Make an entire meal from the farmers market
- Host new friends for dinner
- Learn to make sun tea
- Hike a Florida State Park
- Help Mom finish Loblolly Manor
- Grow sunflowers
- Make dog cookies
- Discover a new treasure trail
- Host a homemade ice cream social
- Sparklers on the 4th of July
- Take a road trip
- Pick pears with Granny
- Boating on the river
Even though my business, work, personal and family life can get a little crazy, I want to make sure to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way this summer. This weekend promises to be filled with all sorts of fun activities. I hope you guys all have a safe and wonderful time. Enjoy your families.
A heartfelt thank you to all of the men and women in uniform that fight to keep this country safe every day. We appreciate your service.