Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends. We’re happy to have you here. Thanks so much for making us a part of your day!
By now I’m thinking most of your littles, tweens, and teens have gone back to school already or will be starting around Labor Day.
Some of you have even dropped your kids off at college which I know pulls at the heartstrings.
How’s it going?
Have you been able to navigate the transition ok?
I’ve spent a good part of the week working on a few organization projects, finalizing fall content plans, and decorating for the season.
I know it might seem a little early but we have a lot of travel plans on the books this season and I’m trying to get everything up as soon as possible so I can enjoy it for as long as possible.
Joann’s was still putting some things out when I popped in to pick up a few hydrangeas. Overall it seems like it’s going to be a very traditional fall with a little bit of creamy whites and blue/purple hues mixed in.
My Mom got these pear stems for Bliss Barracks. They’re really pretty.
I loved this wreath too! It’s so neutral you could leave it up til the end of November which is nice.
While my plan is to always use the things we have on hand first, Joanns had these stems on sale and I couldn’t resist the pale pink!
Have you picked a fall color palette or theme yet?
A Few of Our Favorite Things From Around the Web This Week…
We had an oops moment with the Patina Meadow link last week, so I wanted to share it in case you missed it!
Just shared this cozy home with my bestie S who helps run the TCG website and she was in love.
Everything from James F. Carter is amazing, including this crazy cool stable.
The exposed brick in this home tour is really cozy.
Speaking of cozy, the Supper Club ladies totally nailed it this week. Don’t miss their Country Garden Party-themed tablescapes,
Jen recently updated her chandelier and it is fabulous!
Have you seen this Woodcrest Remodel yet? It’s gorgeous!
Another home run home tour from Bria Hammel Interiors. Especially, if you love modern coastal style.
These tablescapes are the perfect way to celebrate the end of summer!
Speaking of perfect, how cute is this bowl for serving shrimp?
This would be so much fun to make for Labor Day – I swear Michele makes everything pretty!
An easy-to-follow guide to growing herbs.
Mark your calendars…PSLs and other yummy menu items are on the way!
Words to Live By…
Third Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- July: How Are You, Really? by Jenna Kutcher (This book feels like reading sage advice from one of your best girlfriends)
- August: Minimalista: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Better Home, Wardrobe, and Life by Shira Gill (This book will take you through each room and help you reach your decluttering goals step by step)
- September: A More Beautiful Life: A Simple Five-Step Approach to Living Balanced Goals with HEART by Whitney English (If SMART goals have never really worked for you, HEART goals might be just what you need to get back on track and stay on track. I’ve just started this book but I’m learning so much already!)
- Quarter 3 Devotional: Courageous Joy: Delight in God in Every Season by (in)courage (This series has been such a great way to start each morning. Week 2 rocked my world in the best possible way!)
On the Menu this Week…
Week of August 28th – September 4th
- 08/26 Friday: Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach, and Ricotta Grilled Cheese
- 08/27 Saturday: Foil Packet Spice Rubbed Fish with Watermelon Salsa
- 08/28 Sunday: Honey Garlic Baby Back Ribs with coleslaw and fries
- 08/29 Monday: 30 Minute Greek Shrimp Grain Bowls
- 08/30 Tuesday: Baked Chimichangas
- 08/31 Wednesday: Summer Berry Spinach Salad
- 09/01 Thursday: Asian Tofu Noodle Soup
- 09/02 Friday: Labor Day Charcuterie
- 09/03 Saturday: New England Lobster Roll with zesty fries
- 09/04 Sunday: Easy Freezer to Oven Chicken Parmesan with an Italian side salad and crusty loaf
- 09/05 Monday: Labor Day (US) 25 Labor Day Recipes for a Mouthwatering Cookout Meal
Sweet Treats to Try This Week…
Late Summer and Neutral Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
August Bucket List…
- Celebrate August Birthdays and Grandparent Anniversaries
- Back to School Event for the Littles
- Pick up Fresh Office Supplies
- Find Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Celebrate Living at Journeys End 13 years
- Attend Global Leadership Summit Retreat at Bliss Barracks
- Design 2023 Planner and Blog Notebook
- Organize the Refrigerator, Desk Drawers, and Kitchen Drawers
- Check Hurricane Kits
- Confirm Fall Travel Plans
- Continue Quarter Challenge
- Try New IG Strategy
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
August Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Car, Garden, & Garage
- 08/06 – Medicine Cabinet & First Aid Supplies/Emergency Contact List
- 08/13 – Garage, Attic, or Basement
- 08/20 – Garden Supplies/Potting Shed
- 08/27 – Seasonal Decorative Items-Fall
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts
- 08/26 – Women’s Equality Day
- 08/26 – National Dog Day
- 08/27 – Just Because Day
- 08/28 – Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day
- 08/30 – National Beach Day
- 08/31 – Eat Outside Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!