Happy Friday from the front porch, you guys. I hope your week has been a fun one!
Last weekend, we quietly slipped away to South Georgia to celebrate my cousin’s wedding at the prettiest lodge. I can literally count on one hand the events we’ve attended outside our immediate family pod this year, so it was definitely a special treat.
I didn’t take a lot of photos to honor their privacy, but my uncle did the outdoor ceremony and by the time he was finished my mask was soaked with the sweetest tears.
My Dad was in the military and would frequently move ahead of us so we didn’t have to switch schools in the middle of the year. All my uncles are amazing and pitched in to help when needed.
But this uncle, in particular, gave up nearly every Friday night to have a pizza and movie night with my sisters and me just to give my Mom a break each week.
He helped me pass countless math tests, carried us camping even though we were super prissy, moved us across the country from Florida to Texas, and is truthfully one of the most inspirational people I know.
I’ll freely admit when I found out he was going to perform the ceremony, I immediately felt nervous for him. My uncle has struggled with stuttering our entire lives, but he never let it hold him back.
It didn’t matter if he was offering the prayer at church or over our dinner table, teaching us the value of trees, making funny jokes, coaching us through the best way to catch a fish, or giving a campaign speech, he always gave his very best.
I wish you guys could have seen the ceremony because he nailed every word. It was a spectacular “Love Does” moment that’s carried our family through the week.
I grabbed this picture with my sisters just before we ate dinner but rest assured we stayed with our pod, wore masks, social distanced and took lots of precautions while we were at the outdoor event.
On a side note, how excited does my nephew look to be in the photo 😊
A Few of Our Favorite Posts from Around the Web this Week…
Both of my sisters have a totally different style than I have and coincidentally they’ll both be moving into new homes soon. This home tour is definitely on the modern side but it also proves black and white are so chic.
Such a peaceful retreat space in Palm Springs.
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the 2020 Southern Living Idea House Tour.
There are so many beautiful details in this Going County Home Tour. (Just a heads up there are a few deer heads on the wall so skip this one if you find that kind of thing offensive)
This Friendsgiving Tablescape is positively magical!
This post, Afternoon Tea in London: Your Ultimate Guide was such a pretty read and there’s a quick video too!
Lots of great outfit ideas for family photos in this post.
Quote of the Week and Free Printable…
Self-Discovery Journey: Books We’re Reading…
**(Amazon Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
It’s been so much fun to read through our October book of the month, Welcome Home: A Cozy Minimalist Guide to Decorating and Hosting All Year Round but I’ll admit when I found myself standing in the aisles of the Dollar Tree picking up a few last-minute Halloween goodies, I felt like I had let her down 😊
The littles are just too excited about Halloween and our annual family Halloween party, I just couldn’t resist. Hopefully, I’ll do better when our holiday decorating comes around.
Here’s a list of the books we’ll be reading for the rest of the year in case you want to go ahead and pick them up too…
- November – Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living
- December – Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person
- January – The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything
If you’ve missed any of our other books this year, you can find them here…
- September – Eat That Frog: 21 Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- August – Love Does
- July – The Art of Showing Up: How to be There for Yourself and Your People
- June – Get Out Of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts
- We also added, Be The Bridge: Pursuing God’s Heart for Racial Reconciliation
- May –The Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming
- April – Rhythms of Renewal: Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose
- March – The Next Right Thing: A Simple, Soulful Practice for Making Life Decisions
- February – The Compound Effect
- January – You Are the Girl for the Job: Daring to Believe the God Who Calls You
On the Menu this Week…
Week of October 17 – October 25
- 10/17 Saturday – One Skillet Chicken with Fiesta Cream Sauce and black beans
- 10/18 Sunday – Crescent Roll Lasagna
- 10/19 Monday – Zucchini Stir Fry
- 10/20 Tuesday – Hatch Chile Enchilada Bake
- 10/21 Wednesday – Thai Peanut Quinoa Salad
- 10/22 Thursday – Bacon Cheddar Corn Chowder
- 10/23 Friday – Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Flatbread
- 10/24 Saturday – Sheet Pan Greek Shrimp Dinner
- 10/25 Sunday – Slow Cooker Red Wine Sunday Ragu Pasta
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Cozy Items We Spotted Online at Target This Week…
**(Target Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Archives or the Blog, Here’s a Peek at What We’ve Been Up To…
52 Weeks to a Simplified & Organized Home Challenge …
Here’s a look at what we’ll be working on in the month of July as part of the 52 Weeks to a Simplified & Organized Home Challenge …
- 10/03 Pet Supplies
- 10/10 Garage, Attic, or Basement
- 10/17 Holiday Plans (including travel plans)
- 10/24 Seasonal Decorative Items-Christmas
- 10/31 Winter Bucket List
That’s all for now!
As always, we appreciate you so much and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.