Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends and thanks so much for spending time with us today!
Several weeks ago, my middle sister invited me to participate in the Global Leadership Summit, so I’ve been snuggled up at Bliss Barracks for the last few days.
The theme of the summit this year is Voice Your Vision for a Better Future and it’s been so good!
Even though it took a bit of juggling, I’m incredibly thankful I’ve not only been able to soak up extra time with my Mom and sister but I’ve also been able to practice my retreat hosting skills.
We planned simple menus, scheduled quiet and planning time around summit events, and all the items in our swag bags are super practical.
Truth be told, I haven’t slept through the night since Father’s Day, and I was a little worried I might not feel fully present for the summit.
It’s an amazing two-day intensive and there’s a ton of information to be gleaned from global leadership experts.
But sometimes brain fog and lack of sleep can increase my anxiety and trigger a migraine, so I called my bestie S for some advice on how to be more proactive before the event.
She listened carefully as I allowed the weight of my to-do list, missed deadlines, and worries to creep into our conversation. When I finally took a breath, she said, “If Shawn Mendes and Simone Biles can leave a world tour and take time out of the Olympics to prioritize their mental health and wellbeing so can you.”
I know this time of year can be an incredibly busy one, so my gentle reminder to you (and to me) is that we don’t have to do all the things, we simply need to do what is most important.
Cheering you on as you take care of yourself and your priorities!
A Few of Our Favorite Things From Around the Web This Week…
This Manor Drive home has been featured all over the internet lately for good reason.
Bria Hammel Interiors never disappoints. I would love it if she put out a decorating book!
Have you seen this stone farmhouse renovation yet? It’s amazing how they blended the structures together.
How cool is this fly fishing cabin?
This Back to School Party and Memory Book Idea is super cute!
Words to Live By…
Third Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- July: How Are You, Really? by Jenna Kutcher (Loved, loved, loved this book – it’s perfect if you need a little pick me up!)
- August: Minimalista: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Better Home, Wardrobe, and Life by Shira Gill (This book covers so many different areas! I’m really enjoying it so far.)
- September: A More Beautiful Life: A Simple Five-Step Approach to Living Balanced Goals with HEART by Whitney English
- Q3 Devotional: Courageous Joy: Delight in God in Every Season by (in)courage (Each morning I start my day off with this devotional and I’m learning a lot)
On the Menu this Week…
Week of August 6th – August 14th
- 08/07 Sunday: Company Pot Roast with creamed cauliflower and steamed green beans
- 08/08 Monday: Falafel Bowls
- 08/09 Tuesday: Mexican Quiche
- 08/10 Wednesday: Glowing Grilled Summer Detox Salad
- 08/11 Thursday: Lemon Turkey Rice Soup
- 08/12 Friday: Blacked Salmon Burgers with Herb Cream Cheese and a side of sweet potato fries
- 08/13 Saturday: Stuffed Peppers Casserole
- 08/14 Sunday: Chicken Pot Pie with Bacon and Cheddar Biscuits
You can find the entire month of August Menu Ideas here!
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Back to School Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
*I’m always incredibly thankful when you shop our affiliate links because it helps us encourage women around the world.
I also know buying school supplies (especially if you have multiple littles) can be a lot on your budget though so make sure to check out Target where prices on some school supplies start at .25, and Walmart where some are less than $1.00 when you’re shopping.
Even if you don’t have kids in school, now is a great time to take advantage of back-to-school sales to bless teachers and women’s shelters in your community with supplies.
It’s also a great time for Santa to stock up so he can put fresh art or school supplies in stockings this Christmas 😉
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
August Bucket List…
- Celebrate August Birthdays and Grandparent Anniversaries
- Back to School Event for the Littles
- Pick up Fresh Office Supplies
- Find Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Celebrate Living at Journeys End 13 years
- Attend Global Leadership Summit Retreat at Bliss Barracks
- Design 2023 Planner and Blog Notebook
- Organize the Refrigerator, Desk Drawers, and Kitchen Drawers
- Check Hurricane Kits
- Confirm Fall Travel Plans
- Continue Quarter Challenge
- Try New IG Strategy
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
August Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Car, Garden, & Garage
- 08/06 – Medicine Cabinet & First Aid Supplies/Emergency Contact List
- 08/13 – Garage, Attic, or Basement
- 08/20 – Garden Supplies/Potting Shed
- 08/27 – Seasonal Decorative Items-Fall
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 08/07 – National Sisters Day
- 08/07 – National Friendship Day
- 08/09 – National Book Lovers Day
- 08/10 – National Spoil Your Dog Day
- 08/12 – National Middle Child Day
- 08/13 – International Lefthanders Day
- 08/15 – Check the Chip Day
- 08/17 – National Thrift Store Day
- 08/19 – World Humanitarian Day
- 08/24 – National Waffle Day
- 08/25 – National Burger Day
- 08/25 – National Banana Split Day
- 08/26 – Women’s Equality Day
- 08/26 – National Dog Day
- 08/27 – Just Because Day
- 08/28 – Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day
- 08/30 – National Beach Day
- 08/31 – Eat Outside Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!