Today, we’re sharing one of our favorite scents of the season, an orange pomegranate cider simmer pot! This simmer pot can be easily made with ingredients found at the farmers market or your local grocery store. It can also be given as a gift to family members, friends, coworkers or neighbors.
Since S’s accident our schedule has been, rightly so, turned completely upside down. While we continue to be in the midst of the recovery phase, we’re committed to savoring all the good things we can about each day and the holiday season.
Given we never really know when people are going to stop by for a visit, I’m constantly making sure the house is tidy. It’s not perfect but the people that are coming over know that it’s not going to be perfect and let me just tell you it’s such a relief!
The thing is, no matter if there is one person coming over or if we’re hosting family for a chili and smores party like we did last weekend, I want the house to at the very least smell and feel warm and inviting.
And that’s where our secret weapon comes in – an orange and pomegranate cider simmer pot.
We love simmer pots any time of the year but especially during the holidays. If you haven’t made one before, they are crazy easy. Let me show you how…
½-1 whole Pomegranate (quartered)
3 Cups Spiced Cider (we found ours on the fruit juice aisle)
½-1 Whole Orange (quartered)
5 Whole Cloves
3 Cinnamon Sticks
You can use these ingredients immediately in a simmer pot or if you prefer you can make a simmer pot in a mason jar and give it as a gift to your family and friends.
To Create an Orange Pomegranate Cider Simmer Pot:
- Place all ingredients into a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove. Remember to use caution and care as contents, pot and stove will be hot.
- Once the simmer pot is boiling, turn the heat down to low.
- Allow the contents to simmer for a few hours.
- Make sure to check on the simmer pot and add spiced cider as needed. As always, use caution and care as contents, pot and stove will be hot.
- Do not allow the orange pomegranate cider simmer pot to burn dry.
To Create an Orange Pomegranate Cider Simmer Pot Gift:
- Place fruit and spices in a clean mason jar. We used a small mason jar but you could always use a larger size if you want to make this recipe in bulk.
- Next add spiced cider until you reach the designated fill line of the mason jar.
- Screw down the lid.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow ingredients to infuse or give the orange pomegranate cider simmer pot immediately as a gift.
If you’re giving this orange pomegranate cider simmer pot as a gift, consider adding a pretty ribbon and a gift tag with simmer pot instructions.
It should keep in the refrigerator approximately one week.
Simmer pots are not only fantastic for making your house smell delicious during the holiday season, they’re also a great alternative to burning candles. So, grab all the ingredients you need to make one for your house and for your all your friends too. You can enjoy this orange pomegranate simmer pot while you’re wrapping gifts, hosting lunch or making your Christmas dinner menu!
Let us know if you guys try this recipe or if you have any favorite simmer pot recipes so we can try it too. I hope you all have a peace filled and restful weekend. We’ll continue to celebrate all things holiday next week as well. Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.