Happy Friday from the front porch you guys! How has your week been? I hope it’s been a fun one. Are you still in school prep mode or do you finally feel like you have a handle on things?
For us, this week has been filled with unexpected and happy surprises. We celebrated old friendships with new business opportunities via a ladies lunch, picked up new chairs for the dining room (fingers crossed they work), went to a midweek family dinner to celebrate a special birthday, the littles all went back to school (those first day picts make me melt every year), I spoke to a return client about some changes she’ll be making at her farmhouse (she wants a total refresh… traditional meets modern), and I helped my mom make a few design decisions for a bedroom and bathroom refresh makeover at Bliss Barracks. It’s definitely been a “my heart is full” thank you for these opportunities kind of week.
I also feel like we’re finally catching our breath after all the projects we’ve been working on the past few weeks. We’re looking forward to a relaxing weekend and I hope you are too.
I know I’m getting all long and chatty today but I want to say thank you for all your encouragement and sweet comments for the office makeover. I know some of you comment on the blog, some on Instagram and on Facebook as well. We appreciate getting to know you guys every chance we get and your comments mean so much to us no matter what outlet you’re using. We treasure them all.
Here’s a look at scenes from our week…
* A peek at the new rug for the master bathroom.
* My mom was out shopping a few days ago and found this picture. “I really like this lady but I don’t know…can we make this work?” she said with hesitancy. “Of course, we can! Put this in your buggy RIGHT NOW and run to the register” was my kind of passionate (read louder than it probably should have been ha ha) response. $20? I mean, come on, Mom! YES!
* I picked up a creeping fig for the kitchen. I don’t know a lot about indoor plants but they’re so pretty, I’m willing to give them a try.
* It’s been raining here all week again. The only thing better than warm out of the oven chocolate chip cookies are warm out of the oven peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.
* I finally had to break down and get some readers, you guys. I can’t even talk about it ha ha. I’ve been wearing glasses and contacts most of my life so it’s not really a stretch but I thought this stuff started when you were in your 60s. My mom assures me there are more “adventures” like these coming.
Here’s a peek at a few of our favorite things from around the web this week… (Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Have you guys seen Luke Bryan’s beach house yet? It seriously makes me wish we could hang on to the lazy days of summer just a bit longer.
I seriously love this blog and these truths. Preach it, Emily!
These acai bowls look so good.
This is such a great idea if you have trouble remembering how much water you drink each day.
The post You’re Going to Regret How Much Time You Spend on Social Media really makes you think about how we spend our days.
A few healthy routine inspired finds from Amazon…
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
How to Make an Easy DIY Dry Erase Board (from the archives)
We have a great week coming up next week. On Monday, we’ll celebrate the fabulous ladies of the Back to Basics series. Tuesday, I’ll show you how to make a super easy snack that’s perfect for the office, afterschool or to serve at all your fall parties. Thursday, I’ll share easy ways to incorporate apples into your fall decorating. On Friday, we’ll be back here with scenes from our week and all our favorites from around the web. It’s going to be fun!