For this month’s installment of Favorite Things, we’re sharing the best of Christmas in July!
I know a lot of the big box craft stores are starting to display Christmas and holiday items which is kind of exciting.
Normally that would make me feel like they’re rushing me to the next season before I’m ready.
But over the past few years, we’ve made a concerted effort to start shopping as early as possible for gifts and holiday decorations.
That way, we can spend every moment available soaking up all the wonderful things the season has to offer.
Last year it seemed like things got picked over really quickly.
So, this year, we want to be armed with a solid game plan.
We definitely don’t want to miss out on all the good stuff because we waited too long to make a decision!
Here are a few tips and tricks to help get your Christmas in July planning started…
- Take the time to find holiday inspiration by searching through decorating books, magazines, blogs, Pinterest, and your favorite craft supply stores.
- Choose a theme and holiday color palette that will enhance your home by working with the existing colors you already have in place.
- Check your attic and basement to see what seasonal decorations you already have on hand and can use again. That way, you don’t have to buy so many things at once!
- Start purchasing holiday décor items while they’re on sale. Take advantage of early-bird decorating events, discounts, and sale prices when they’re offered to ensure you have first pick of holiday items
- Begin crafting ornaments, wreaths, gifts, and other seasonal decorations once you know your theme and color palette. It will be much easier to stay organized as the holidays draw near!
A Few of Our Favorite Things: Christmas in July Style…
**(Amazon Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Christmas in July Inspiration: Candy Colored Pastels
Scandi/Farmhouse Christmas in July Inspiration:
Navy Snow Lodge Christmas in July Inspiration:
Preparing for the Holidays…
If there’s one thing I learned from our most recent Guest Bedroom Makeover, it’s to shop early and often.
Honestly, I was shocked at the amount of shipping and product delays we experienced along the way.
As frustrating as it was, now that we’re on the other side of things, I’m thankful for the experience.
It was a huge lesson in getting a game plan together, executing the game plan, and learning how to pivot quickly when necessary.
Most importantly, it taught us how to think outside the box which is definitely a skill you can apply to Christmas decorating too.
Storage and Budget Tips…
If you’re short on storage options at home, build on the holiday themes you already have in place or consider borrowing items from a trusted friend or family member if you’re on a tight budget.
Another thing you can do is to shop off-season or in a department completely unrelated to Christmas.
Several of the decorations, I shared above came from the party section and can be used for other holidays and even birthdays throughout the year!
You can use that same idea to extend the use of wreaths, garlands, pillow covers, throw blankets, wrapping paper, ribbons, and decorative accessories too.
I hope our Christmas in July Favorite Things have helped to get you excited about the holidays.
Other Christmas in July Posts to Enjoy:
- Simple Ways to Prep Now for the Holidays
- 17 Ways to Ease Into Fall
- 12 Ways to Ease Into the Holidays
- Vintage Inspired Air Dry Clay Ornaments
- DIY Gingerbread Snowflake Ornaments