From the Front Porch
Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends and thanks so much for spending time with us today as we celebrate our 250th post of this series!
Welcome to September!
I can clearly remember waking up just before Memorial Day truly delighted to unofficially kick off the summer season.
I imagined me and my sisters spending time at our childhood home, Loblolly, helping my Mom transition the walls from buttercream to a warm white.
We’d give the whole place, decorated in my Mom’s signature palette of mostly creamy whites, French Grays, and wood tones, a total refresh.
A private retreat space and restoration house that served our family well, standing at the ready to welcome us home, any time we needed.
But as sometimes happens, my parents came home from Martha’s Vineyard, we left for the cabin, celebrated my Dad’s birthday, and Father’s Day, and before we knew it, it was the 4th of July.
After that life filled in the blanks for us.
And even though it was not what I had originally wanted or even envisioned, as we get ready to unofficially kiss the season goodbye, I realize it was exactly the summer I needed.
It’s been such a good one I can honestly say for the first time in a long time, I’m not ready to let summer go.
The thing I’ve learned about letting go though is once you release the thing you’ve been holding onto, it leaves your hands wide open to receive something new.
And while new might not be what you want, it could be exactly what you need.
Cheering you on as you welcome a fresh month filled with endless possibilities and opportunities.
A Few of Our Favorite Things From Around the Web This Week…
The beautiful portfolio of Amanda Lindroth Design and her project Hope Hill On a side note, I’m totally obsessed over her line of Palm Beach Market Totes too!
This beach house is really pretty.
How beautiful is this Inn & Spa?
This would be such a fun way to unofficially end the summer season. Of course, you’ll need a chic dress to wear!
Bookmarking this post, Things to Do on Nantucket, and this one, A Day Trip to Nantucket for next year. Those hydrangeas, right? I can’t even talk about it – so gorgeous!
Don’t miss this interview and these amazing tablescapes by Mrs. Alice.
The Season of Reinvention with Whitney English (a fun listen if you want to know more about the author behind our September Book of the Month)
This fall hydrangea garland is totally fantastic. I love Jennifer’s wreath too!
Can’t wait to make these adorable yarn pumpkins from Donna and Rich!
Decorating our front porch for Fall is one of my favorite ways to celebrate the season. I’ll definitely be taking a cue from Rachel this year. She shared 15 Ideas for Fall Decorating Outdoors, Porches & She Sheds this week and there is a ton of inspiration!
Speaking of inspiration, have you seen Jen’s pos, Vintage Inspired Fall Decor yet? I pinned it all!
How beautiful is Anna’s fall entry table? All those fabulous layers of texture just scream warm and inviting! right?
5 Habits of the Happiest Women I Know
23 Adorable Dogs in Their Ultra Stylish Home
Words to Live By…
Third Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- July: How Are You, Really? by Jenna Kutcher (A book that feels like a pep talk from your cooler older sister!)
- August: Minimalista: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Better Home, Wardrobe, and Life by Shira Gill (Completely made me rethink the kinds of things I bring into our home which has really helped us cut excess and clutter)
- September: A More Beautiful Life: A Simple Five-Step Approach to Living Balanced Goals with HEART by Whitney English (This book is completely different than any goal-setting book I’ve ever read. I’m having to slow myself down so I can savor each chapter and let the words really sink in – it’s such a good one!)
- Devotional: Courageous Joy: Delight in God in Every Season by (in)courage (this study has helped me start and end the day on a joy-filled note, even with all the curveballs life has thrown our way)
On the Menu this Week…
Week of September 4th – September 11th
- 09/02 Friday: Labor Day Charcuterie
- 09/03 Saturday: New England Lobster Roll with zesty fries
- 09/04 Sunday: Easy Freezer to Oven Chicken Parmesan with an Italian side salad and crusty loaf
- 09/05 Monday: 25 Labor Day Recipes for a Mouthwatering Cookout Meal
- 09/06 Tuesday: Quinoa Enchilada Bake
- 09/07 Wednesday: Fall Chopped Salad with Spinach, Butternut Squash, Apples, and Cheddar
- 09/08 Thursday: Healing Chicken and Rice Soup
- 09/09 Friday: Fried Cabbage Sausage Skillet
- 09/10 Saturday: French Onion Chicken with roasted veggies
- 09/11 Sunday: Easy Beef Brisket with potatoes au gratin and broccoli
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Late Summer Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Sweatshirt * Ear Buds * Bag * Bistro Set
Lip Gloss * Dress * Eye Mask * Necklace
Umbrella * Table Cover * Button Down * Sneakers
Rug * Plates * Dry Shampoo * Pullover
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
Home Decor Books Coming Out This Fall
The Evolution of the Breakfast Nook and Late Summer Flowers Blog Hop
Cinnamon and Vanilla Latte Brown Sugar Scrub
September Bucket List…
- Celebrate September Milestone Birthdays and Special Occasion Events
- Celebrate Labor Day with Shrimp Rolls
- Fly the Flag for Patriot’s Day
- Pick Apples at the Cabin
- Grab a PSL at Starbucks
- Create a Fall Bucket List
- Decorate the House for Fall
- Decorate the Porch for Fall
- Make a Courageous Choice Daily (even if it’s a mirco one)
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
September Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Fall Planning and Seasonal Activities
- 09/03 Create Fall Bucket List
- 09/10 Transition Seasonal Items Into Closets (coats, sweaters, ski gear, sports equipment)
- 09/17 Order or Purchase New Planner or Calendar
- 09/24 Review Family Holiday Calendar & Set Family Doctor Appointments
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 09/01 National Food Bank Day
- 09/05 Labor Day (US)
- 09/06 National Read a Book Day
- 09/09 Stand Up to Cancer Day
- 09/11 Patriot Day
- 09/11 National Grandparents Day
- 09/12 National Day of Encouragement
- 09/17 National Clean Up Day
- 09/17 Oktoberfest
- 09/21 National Chai Day
- 09/22 First Day of Fall
- 09/22 American Business Women’s Day
- 09/22 National Ice Cream Cone Day
- 09/23 Native American Day
- 09/23 National Pot Pie Day
- 09/25 National Daughters Day
- 09/25 Rosh Hashanah
- 09/26 National Pancake Day
- 09/26 Love Note Day
- 09/29 National Coffee and National Starbucks Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!
Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
CoCo, thank you so much for sharing my vintage fall decor round-up post. I appreciate being included here. I hope you enjoy a fabulous, long, relaxing weekend.
You are so welcome, Jen! I love that post so much I was just pinning away. It really has some fantastic inspiration and has me excited for fall. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend as well. The first few weeks of school are so hard – I know it will be nice to regroup and have a break. Big hugs, CoCo
Congratulations CoCo – what a wonderful milestone! I’m so glad to have been here for part of it, and so grateful for the beauty and inspiration you give me every time! 💛
Thank you so much, Barbara. These Friday posts are always so much fun to put together. Every week I’m amazed at all the creativity we have access to. Hugs for a happy weekend, CoCo
Hi Coco I just had to come by and say congratulations on your 250th blog post. Wow I bet it seems strange. All those wonderful posts filled with so much amazing and interesting things. I am grateful to you and your blog. You take me to places I haven’t a hope of seeing and it’s brilliant, especially on a very dull and drab boring English day. I look forward for more to come, take care. X
Thank you so much for your kind words, Janette. I really appreciate it. I’m so thankful to have *met* creative people just like you through the blog and this series. It’s such a dream come true. Sending you lots of hugs and thank yous for all your support, CoCo
Congratulations on such a long and successful series. I hope Dirt Road Adventures can someday measure up to your wonderfully written posts. You are so kind to share my Fall Outdoor Decor ideas this week. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.
You are too kind, Rachel! I love Dirt Road Adventures. It’s always fun to see what you’re up to each week. I swear you inspire me to get things done and to stretch my creative muscle all the time. I have no doubt, it’s going to be a beloved series for years to come and it’s always a pleasure to feature you. Sending you hugs, CoCo
Wow, CoCo! Congrats on 250 amazing posts! I always look forward to Friday to see what you are sharing! Thank you for bringing positive inspiration to us!
I’m so glad you had a wonderful Summer, and I can’t wait to see what Fall brings!
And thank you so much for sharing my yarn pumpkin DIY! I’m excited to see what they look like in pink!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend! Blessings, Donna
Thank you bunches, Donna! Who knew this post idea hatched in the school pick-up line would be so popular? I love that Fridays highlight so many fellow creatives including you and your amazing pumpkins sweet friend. I nearly lost it in the best possible way when I found the pink yarn! Here’s to a fabulous Fall and even more Friday favorites. Sending you lots of hugs, CoCo
Happy Anniversary! I just love reading your posts; always great takeaways. And, your internet home/fashion items are very tempting; looking at the sweatshirt in todays post for fall
Thank you so much, AJ! You’ve always been such a sweet supporter of these posts and the blog in general. I can’t tell you how much it means to me! The From the Front Porch posts are always a blast to put together. I’m constantly amazed at all the beauty, creativity, and fabulous finds we get to look for each week. It’s like hunting treasure! Big hugs and thank yous, CoCo
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
The Summer was very hot and very humid and I was pretty much confined inside the house with the air conditioning blaring…I am so looking forward to Fall and cooler weather and dying to decorate for Fall and Halloween!!
Loved this post and I always do…You are so organized!! Hope you had a great Labor Day….
I totally know what you mean, Deb! I don’t mind the high temps but goodness gracious the humidity is definitely getting to be too much in Florida. Any relief would be a huge blessing at this point. Hope you get some relief soon too. Fall is going to be so much fun! Hugs, CoCo