Happy Friday from the front porch, sweet friends!
I’m keeping it short and sweet as this week has been a total doozie.
I fully expected to wake up at Bliss Barracks today as my Mom and I had planned and prepared to host my brother in laws birthday dinner tonight.
Instead, we are all safely riding out Tropical Storm Nicole in our own homes as I type this on Thursday.
The silver lining is that it has given Piper and me plenty of extra time to help S recover from a surgery that was much more involved than we anticipated and gently reminded me for the millionth time of the transformative power of surrender and grace.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web…
Everything in this home tour feels warm and inviting, especially the dining area.
All the arches and woods in this home are really beautiful.
Love this French Bistro-inspired kitchen too.
An award-winning French transitional home tour to enjoy.
This parchment paper hack was really helpful.
Speaking of love, have you seen this home tour yet? The whole house is fabulous but the laundry room and living room are amazing.
Rachel’s 10 Days of Christmas Decorating has been so much fun to follow. Our presents are all starting to arrive so I pinned lots of ideas from her gift wrap post.
Jen’s Holiday Snack Board is positively magical and would be the perfect way to celebrate activities from Thanksgiving to Christmas.
Love this beautiful wreath from Kim! It’s one of those fabulous projects you can use from November to late January.
Heidi’s post on how to make a bow for a wreath was helpful too!
Donna’s Pottery Barn dupe totally blew me away this week.
Give me all the chippy goodness! Have you seen Anna’s fabulous ornaments yet?
As a Gen-Xer this was such an interesting read. So many of my friends are talking about it which is not surprising based on the number of comments and views it’s gotten.
Words to Live By…
Fourth Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- October: Celebrating Home by James T Farmer, III (This book would make such a great gift idea)
- November: How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind by Dana K White (LOVE these practical tips, especially for the holiday season) OR How to Keep House While Drowning by KC Davis
- December: The Power of One More by Ed Mylett
- Devotion: Courageous Kindness by (in)courage
On the Menu this Week…
November 13th – November 20th
- 11/13 Sunday: WW Pepperoni Pizza Casserole with an Italian side salad
- 11/14 Monday: 20 Minute Garlic and Herb Baked Cod with a side of steamed veggies
- 11/15 Tuesday: Vegetarian Black Bean Tacos
- 11/16 Wednesday: Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 11/17 Thursday: Chipotle Tomato Soup with Smoked Cheddar Pull-Apart Bread
- 11/18 Friday: Oven Baked Garlic Butter Shrimp Boil
- 11/19 Saturday: Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 11/20 Sunday: Spicy Baked Pasta with Cheddar and Broccoli Rabe
Sweet Treats to Try This Week…
Blue and Green Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate and an Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
Ultimate Christmas Shopping Guide (160 Ideas to Explore!)
November Bucket List…
*You can find the rest of our Fall Monthly Bucket List Ideas here
- Support Indigenous People and Organizations
- Commemorate the National Day of Mourning
- Host Family at The Cabin for a Thanks and Giving Holidays
- Celebrate November Birthdays and Friendsgiving Dinner at Bliss Barracks
- Fly the Flag and Take Dad to Lunch for Veteran’s Day
- Shop Outdoor Antique Events in the Mountains
- Hike a New Leaf Peeping Trail
- Decorate the House for the Holidays
- Craft Christmas Ornaments
- Bake a Pecan Pie with Pecans from the Pecan Grove
- Sip on Hot Apple Cider
- Try a New Seasonal Inspired Side Dish
- Finalize Christmas Plans
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
November Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month:
- 11/05 Christmas Card Contact List
- 11/12 Thanksgiving Menu/Grocery Shopping
- 11/29 Buy Christmas Paper & Gift Wrap Supplies
- 11/26 Finish Christmas Shopping/Naughty or Nice List
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 11/11 Veterans Day
- 11/14 International Girls Day
- 11/17 National Homemade Bread Day
- 11/19 Equal Opportunity Day
- 11/21 National Gingerbread Cookie Day
- 11/24 National Day of Mourning
- 11/24 Thanksgiving Day (US)
- 11/25 Black Friday
- 11/26 Shop Small Saturday
- 11/27 First Day of Advent
- 11/28 Cyber Monday
- 11/29 Giving Tuesday
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!