Happy Friday from the front porch, sweet friends.
Thanks so much for being here and for making us a part of your day.
If you’re in the midst of Thanksgiving and holiday week preparations, it’s probably been a busy one.
How are you holding up?
I was listening to Kendra Adachi, the creator of the Lazy Genius movement, on her podcast the other day.
And I love how she invites us all to be a genius about what matters most to us and lazy about the things that don’t.
Things have definitely been ramping up over here, so I’ve tried to be extra vigilant about asking myself and the people around me, “What do you *really* need right now?” and “How can we streamline this process to make it easier or better?”
Sometimes it can be as simple as remembering to pick up an anti-fatigue mat to use in the kitchen.
Other times, it’s figuring out how to participate in all the fun family activities while still respecting our boundaries as introverts.
As I shared in a letter to our subscribers recently, now is a great time to lean into easy healthy meals, simple cleaning schedules, and good old-fashioned lists.
To ask for help if you need someone to make a dish, and to allow loved ones to help clean up after meals.
It’s about not trying to do all the things, simply the things that are most important to you.
So, as you’re making your grocery lists and to-do lists, I encourage you to make a “memory-making” list as well.
That way, you’re sure to carve out extra time for manis-pedis, Black Friday shopping sessions, smores by the firepit, matching PJs, long hikes, and plenty of pie eating if you like.
The season goes by really quickly, don’t get so caught up in all the preparations that you miss the moments that are most important to you.
As always, I’ll be right in the trenches cheering you on as we navigate this busy season together.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web This Week…
Beautiful Home and Garden Tours:
- This sorority house by Kerry Spears Interiors is the prettiest sorority house I’ve ever seen.
- Speaking of pretty, Color Story from Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle is another gorgeous home to enjoy.
- This Palmetto Bluff project from Sarah Bartholomew is really beautiful.
- This Swedish Farmhouse gets me every time, it’s seriously so pretty!
- An Elegant Summer Retreat in New York that feels like the perfect place to get away from all the hustle and bustle.
- My friend Cara from Vintage Style Gal made the cutest Dollar Tree ornaments.
- Renae from Peacock Ridge has the most elegant ideas to decorate for the holidays with French blue and white.
- Have you seen the tree garland my friend Tanya of twelve O eight made yet? She had me at pearl.
- Kelly Nan is the Queen of Christmas tree decorating ideas. So, if you’re still looking for inspiration, you’ll adore her post on Christmas Color Schemes and Themes.
- Speaking of inspiration, did you see KariAnne’s post on The Best Christmas Garland Hack yet? Such a genius idea!
- 50 Holiday Rituals to Enjoy This Season (via Camille Styles and they’re all totally doable)
Health and Wellness Inspiration:
- The Surprising Trait That May Be Affecting Your Productivity (via The Everygirl – This post made me rethink my daily work routine)
- No, You’re Not Too Sensitive (This is a great reminder via The Good Trade especially as we head into the holiday season.)
- How to Cultivate Hope (via Time – These are also totally doable ideas)
- 15 Easy Thanksgiving Dinner Outfit Ideas (via Alyson Hayley)
- The Best French Pharmacy Products of 2023, According to Dermatologists (via Cosmopolitan)
Simple Pleasures and Little Luxuries:
- This would be such a cute gift if you have a needle pointer in your life.
- A beautiful and budget-friendly collection if you love things that sparkle.
- Speaking of sparkle, J Crew has been killing it this holiday season! How cute are these?
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog or the Archives Recently, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
You can find last week’s Christmas tree and crafts inspired From the Front Porch post here if you missed it.
Organizing the Week Ahead…
Words to Live By:
Dates to Celebrate or Commemorate:
- 11/17 National Homemade Bread Day
- 11/21 National Gingerbread Cookie Day
- 11/23 National Day of Mourning (US)
- 11/23 Thanksgiving Day (US)
- 11/24 Black Friday
- 11/25 Shop Small Saturday
Weekly Simplified and Organized Home Challenge Task:
- Buy Christmas Paper & Gift Wrap Supplies
3 Simple Ways to Celebrate the Season:
- Shop at Outdoor Antique Events
- Deep Clean and Prep for Holiday Guests
- Make a Pecan Pie (with Pecans From the Pecan Grove)
Navy and Neutral Gift Ideas We Spotted Online at Amazon This Week…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- **Stationery Set – simple to customize and gift
- **Cardi – currently in my cart
- **Crewneck – have and love in several colors
- **PJs – the white and pink are pretty too
- **Facial Pads – highly rated and less expensive than the ones I gifted my sister last year
- **Earrings – on my Christmas list
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!