Happy Friday from the front porch you guys! How has your week been? I hope it’s been fabulous. Did you guys get to see the eclipse on Monday? It was storming here but our friends and family members sent us their pictures and videos. It was really neat to see all the ways people were celebrating around the country.
The week has been so busy with different activities, honestly, I can’t believe it’s already Friday. We’ve started picking out paint and flooring samples for the horse farm project. We have everything we need to finish one of the bedrooms and bathrooms at Bliss Barracks save for the rug and I finally feel like I’m getting the swing of things at my new job. We finished a huge project yesterday so I’m hoping I’ll be able to share some pictures with you soon. It’s a lot to keep in the air but I’m grateful for all the new opportunities.
Here’s a look at scenes from our week…
* You guys, I swear these vintage pearls I picked up in January go with everything.
* If you had a chance to read our master bathroom makeover post, you may remember I mentioned a rusty, crusty chandelier I found. This is it!
* In a million years, I could have never imagined this pear tree would belong to me. Cue the deepest, happiest, most grateful tears ever.
* We’ve been trying out different kinds of homemade pizza recipes when we have a relaxing weekend planned. This one is arugula, prosciutto, pear and goat cheese and it’s really good.
* Just finished this magazine, as always, they are spot on.
Here’s a peek at a few of our favorite things from around the web this week… (Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
I’ve always loved homes with layers of white, elements of contrast and lots of texture. There are so many beautiful rooms on this house tour.
We’ve been dreaming about tiny houses lately and this 800-square foot cottage is beyond amazing. Every detail is gorgeous.
A post about decorating for the “in between” called It’s Not All Before and Afters is a good one.
Have you guys seen these washable paper bags yet? If you’ve tried them out let us know!
A few weeks ago, I was up at 4 am worrying about a situation I have zero control over, do you guys ever do that? I wish I had read this post while I was up because I probably would have been able to go back to sleep. (FYI – it does have one or two words of salty language).
A few spa inspired finds from Amazon…
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub (from the archives)
We have a great week coming up next week. On Monday, I’ll share a few tips on how to be more organized every day. Tuesday, I’ll share an update on our home Journeys End. Thursday, I’ll share easy Fall decorating ideas for the front door and Friday, we’ll be back here with scenes from our week and all our favorites from around the web. It’s going to be fun!