Today, we’re sharing a quick and easy Valentine’s Day Snack Box!
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought I would share another project for those of you looking for a super simple and totally doable idea.
This Valentine’s Day inspired snack box is another easy way to fill the Valentine’s Day Gift Container we shared earlier this week. It can also be created in an afternoon with just a few store-bought supplies.
Here’s a look at how you can make these delicious sweets too…
Valentine’s Day Snack Box Supplies:
- Candy Melts (we chose red & white vanilla flavor but you can choose the flavors and colors you like best.)
- Cookies (we used Pepperidge Farm Raspberry and Chocolate Cookies but you can choose the cookies you like best just make sure they’re sturdy cookies. The soft cookies we tried didn’t hold up very well.)
- Pretzels (we used these pretzel crisps but pretzel rods would also work well.)
- Strawberries (make sure they’re washed and completely dry prior to working with candy melts.)
- Graham Crackers
- Special Toppings, optional
- Wax Paper
- Cookie/Baking Sheet
- Microwave-Safe Bowl (you’ll need one bowl for each color or flavor you choose to use.)
Valentine’s Day Snack Box Steps:
Before you get started, place a piece of wax paper on a cookie/baking sheet.
Add candy melts (depending on how much you need) to a microwave-safe bowl and
follow the directions on the back of the bag.
Once the candy melts come out of the microwave, you may need to stir them just a bit before dipping your favorite cookies or fruit into the mix…
Add toppings if desired then set aside on wax paper to cool
.Keep in mind, if you want to add special toppings you’ll need to put them on the Valentine treat prior to the candy melts cooling or the toppings will fall off.
We tried Dutch chocolate dust,
cookies and cream,
Line your DIY Valentine’s Gift Container with wax or parchment paper prior to placing the treats into the box.
No playing you guys, this process couldn’t be easier and there are so many flavor combinations to try.
You can make a Valentine’s Snack Box for your family and friends, teachers, neighbors, coworkers, or anyone you care about in an afternoon.
It’s a simple way to let them know how much you appreciate them this Valentine’s Day or any day, really.
And bonus, these are so easy, they’re Busy Girl approved!
Other Valentine’s Day Inspired Posts to Enjoy:
- Countdown to Valentine’s Day Calendar
- DIY Conversation Heart Vase
- Vintage Valentine’s Day Tablescape & Blog Hop
- Festive Valentine’s Day Poppers
- DIY Candy Tackle Box