Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends! I can hardly believe we’re about to unofficially kick off the summer season this weekend.
How are you?
It’s been another tough week, hasn’t it?
There have been times, especially lately, when I’ve been at a complete loss for words.
Times when it feels like words have lost their power and are no longer enough.
And when those times happen, I stop and listen.
Then I take action.
There is ALWAYS something we can do no matter how big or small or insignificant it might feel at the time.
Our kids deserve better.
Our teachers deserve better.
Our first responders deserve better.
We deserve better.
And so do the families of the fallen, who have risked their lives and paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.
A Few of Our Favorite Things From Around the Web This Week…
Riverbottoms Remodel (another home I could totally move right into)
A Victorian Country Home in the Surrey Hills that is too beautiful for words.
Can you even with this stunning pool cottage?
17 Simple Summer Decorating Tips (that are totally doable)
Patriotic Picnic Ideas (such a great way to kick off the holiday weekend)
Speaking of which, how pretty is this Picnic in Paris-themed bridal shower?
Get ready to totally lose it (in the best possible way) at the flowers at these weddings.
Does it really work? The hot topic that was discussed at our last family dinner.
This sandwich board would be fabulous for Memorial Weekend and the summer season too!
As someone who struggles with an anxiety disorder, this post, How to Help a Loved One with Anxiety, was really well-written.
This one was a great reminder too.
Words to Live By…
Second Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- April – The Gift of Home: Beauty and Inspiration to Make Every Space a Special Place by Bre Doucette (This book is filled with lots of fabulous home decor and DIY ideas in a neutral color palette so you can change things easily from season to season!)
- May – The Power to Bless – Speaking Life into Those You Love by Alan Right (I am going to be SO SAD for this book to end, it was really, really good!)
- June – Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L Scott (I’m looking forward to taking this book to the cabin and savoring every word!)
- Courageous Simplicity: Abide in the Simple Abundance of Jesus (This devotion has completely changed the way I look at simplicity and the need for white space in our calendars!)
On the Menu this Week…
Week of May 29th – June 4th
- 05/29 Sunday: Easy Shrimp Boil Recipe
- 05/30 Monday: 65 Memorial Day Recipes for Your Holiday Menu
- 05/31 Tuesday: Mexican Lasagna AKA Burrito Cake
- 06/01 Wednesday: Marinated Beet and Apple Salad
- 06/02 Thursday: Summer Minestrone Soup
- 06/03 Friday: Baked Tuscan Chicken Casserole
- 06/04 Saturday: 50+ Platinum Jubilee Tea Party Recipes
- 06/05 Sunday: Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
46 Memorial Day Desserts for a Sweet Addition to Your Holiday Weekend and if you’re planning ahead for the Jubilee…Jubilee Baking Ideas (some of these are almost too pretty to eat!)
Patio and Summer Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
June Bucket List…
- Celebrate Dad’s Birthday, Flag Day, and Father’s Day
- Enjoy the Cabin
- Begin 30 Day Rest Challenge
- Try a New Craft Project
- Learn to Make a Signature Mocktail
- Surprise Someone with an Unexpected Gift
- Take a Walking Photography Tour
- Continue Quarter 2 Challenge
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
June Simplified and Organize Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Paper Clutter, Photos, and Email
- 06/04 – Bills/Mail/Paper Clutter
- 06/11 – Digital Computer Files/Passwords/Photographs
- 06/18 – Your Email Inbox
- 06/25 – Organize Your Purse, Wallet & Update Your Phone Contacts
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 05/30 – Memorial Day, National Creativity Day
- 06/01 – Buy Gifts and Cards for Birthdays and Special Occasions
- 06/02 – Trooping the Colour, Platinum Jubilee Festivities Begin
- 06/03 – National Donut Day
- 06/05 – National Cancer Survivors Day
- 06/08 – National Best Friends Day
- 06/14 – Flag Day
- 06/19 – Juneteenth, Father’s Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!