Happy Black Friday sweet friends!
This week has been such a good one filled with short hikes (it’s so cold here), cozy black and white movies (Christmas in Connecticut for the win), generous bowls of soup (the chicken and wild rice soup from Cantaberry in Ellijay is my all-time favorite), long naps by the fire (currently living in flannel PJs at night and cashmere sweaters during the day), treasure hunting (I found my Mom the coolest ornament), hosting Thanksgiving for the first time (we didn’t burn anything which feels like a huge win), surprising my amazing brother in law with craft moonshine, drinking way too many peppermint mochas (Red Bean Harvest Coffee in Jasper is super quaint) polishing off way too many slices of pie, and spending time with friends, family, and my sweet rescue Piper.
Despite having a long list of things I wanted to see, do, and catch up on, I’ve barely cracked open my laptop much less taken any pictures with my big camera while we’ve been here.
Most of the time, that would totally freak me out because I hate feeling behind.
Early on though, I realized this trip was not just about gathering together to celebrate Thanksgiving.
It was also about listening intently to two octagenarians recounting their military days with misty eyes, driving to meet the needs of family members who aren’t ready to return to a fractured fold, and supporting loved ones stuck in the middle of it all.
While the holiday dance and the blending of families are not always easy to navigate, at the end of the day, our loved ones merely want to be heard so they can heal, acknowledged so they can feel valued, and loved without judgment or condition.
As we head into the holiday season, my prayer is that we’re able to offer gifts that can’t be found at our favorite stores or under the tree.
But simply returning the gifts to others that we have so graciously received ourselves.
Cheering you on as you walk in grace and kindness this season.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web…
This historic beach house is totally fabulous.
How pretty is this blue and white Christmas family room?
These terracotta and air dry clay ornaments are so creative.
This home tour, Gracie Oaks, is one of my favorites!
Speaking of favorites, I had no idea Andrea Bocelli’s kids sang, did you? A Family Christmas was recently released and The Greatest Gift is really beautiful.
This home is one of those homes that is so amazing, it needs very little holiday décor to make it feel festive.
Everything about this holiday collection has such a pretty European vibe.
I would have never thought to put black and bronze together on a Christmas tree but after seeing this gorgeous tree I’m ready to curl up with a good book and grab a plaid blanket to snuggle under.
This post, How to Style a Camel Coat, was filled with totally doable ideas.
Just added this to my Christmas wish list!
Black Friday Sales…
- J.Crew: 50% off your purchase with code SHOPEARLY
- J. Crew Factory: 50-70% off entire site (prices as marked)
- Madewell: 40% off your purchase with code OHJOY
- Lake Pajamas: 25% off sitewide
- Dudley Stephens: 40% off with code DSDELIGHT
- Ann Taylor: 40% off with code BRIGHT
- Loft: 50% off your purchase with code YAY
- Talbots: 40% off Accessories and Footwear
- Williams Sonoma: Up to 50% off
- Colleen Rothschild: 30% off sitewide with code BF22
Words to Live By…
Fourth Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- October: Celebrating Home by James T Farmer, III
- November: How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind by Dana K White OR How to Keep House While Drowning by KC Davis
- December: The Power of One More by Ed Mylett
- Devotion: Courageous Kindness by (in)courage
On the Menu this Week…
November 27th – December 4th
- 11/27 Sunday: Parmesan Baked Chicken with steamed roasted veggies
- 11/28 Monday: One Pan Cheese Spaghetti Pie with an Italian side salad and crusty loaf
- 11/29 Tuesday: Fiesta Taco Casserole with a Mexican side salad
- 11/30 Wednesday: Apple Pomegranate Harvest Salad
- 12/01 Thursday: Kale Quinoa and White Bean Soup
- 12/02 Friday: Philly Cheesesteak Stew
- 12/03 Saturday: 20 Minute Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
- 12/04 Sunday: Oven Braised Pot Roast with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Treats to Try This Week…
Early Christmas Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Some Of Your Favorite Posts From the Archives In Tribute to Our Time at the Cabin…
Our Best Holiday Gift Guides (160 Items to Explore)
December Bucket List…
- Observe Advent
- Celebrate December Birthdays and Anniversaries
- Donate to the Sweater Drive
- Hang a Stocking for Piper
- Attend Dance and Piano Recitals and Cheer on The Littles
- Sip Cocoa at The Lights Festival
- Christmas Lunch with Extended Family at The Farm
- Make Christmas Fettuccine and Watch The Holiday
- Celebrate Christmas with The Pod at Bliss Barracks
- Leave Cookies and Milk for Santa and Veggies for the Reindeer
- Enjoy Holiday Vacation
- Set Goals, Dreams, and Intentions for 2023
- Create a Vision Board for 2023
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve and Midnight Gift Exchange
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
December Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Holiday Planning & Preparing for the New Year
- 12/03 – Mail Christmas Packages
- 12/10 – Finalize Christmas Menu & Grocery List
- 12/17 – Purchase New Planner & Set Goals for the New Year
- 12/26 – Organize Holiday Storage Items
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 11/27 Advent Begins: Hope
- 12/02 National Mutt Day
- 12/04 Second Week of Advent: Peace
- 12/04 National Cookie Day
- 12/09 Christmas Card Day
- 12/11 Third Week of Advent: Love
- 12/13 National Cocoa Day
- 12/14-17 Shipping Deadline for Christmas Ground Delivery
- 12/17 National Wreaths Across America Day
- 12/18 Fourth Week of Advent: Joy
- 12/18 Hannukah Begins
- 12/24 Christmas Eve
- 12/25 Christmas Day
- 12/26 Boxing Day
- 12/26 Hannukah Ends
- 12/26 Kwanzaa Begins
- 12/31 New Year’s Eve
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!