December Menu Ideas
We’re sharing December Menu Ideas today!
With the holiday season fully underway, now is a great time to take advantage of batching and freezing your favorite meals.
It’s also a great time to get back to healthy eating habits if you got off track during the Thanksgiving holiday. No judgment at all, we’re right there with you!
December can be an incredibly busy month, even with the best laid plans. So, don’t be afraid to slow down and give your heart and home what it needs most.
It might be saying no to additional holiday events.
It might be asking friends and family to bring a dish to a pot luck style meal instead of hosting the entire meal yourself.
Maybe pizza and holiday movie nights become your norm this season.
Perhaps, you need to reinstate “Take Out Thursdays.”
Whatever you decide your family needs most, aim to keep things as simple as possible. That way, you can enjoy all the beautiful gifts the holidays has to offer!
Here’s a look at our December Menu Ideas…
- 12/01 Thursday: Kale Quinoa and White Bean Soup
- 12/02 Friday: Philly Cheesesteak Stew
- 12/03 Saturday: 20 Minute Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
- 12/04 Sunday: Oven Braised Pot Roast with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 12/05 Monday: Salmon with Creamy Dijon Sauce with a side of asparagus
- 12/06 Tuesday: Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- 12/07 Wednesday: Greek Salad with field greens
- 12/08 Thursday: Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken with brown rice and steamed veggies
- 12/09 Friday: Turkey Apple Brie Flatbread with field greens
- 12/10 Saturday: Slow Cooker 3 Bean Chili
- 12/11 Sunday: Thai Shrimp Noodles
- 12/12 Monday: Sheet Pan Breakfast Bowls
- 12/13 Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 12/14 Wednesday: White Bean and Veggies Salad
- 12/15 Thursday: Flu Season Soup
- 12/16 Friday: Bavarian Apple Sausage Skillet
- 12/17 Saturday: Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken with Loaded Baked Potato Casserole and Roasted Veggies
- 12/18 Sunday: Christmas Fettuccine or Three Cheese Turkey Manicotti
- 12/19 Monday: Soy Ginger Salmon with Asian Roasted Carrots and Broccoli
- 12/20 Tuesday: Enchiladas with Southwest Salad
- 12/21 Wednesday: Rosemary Chicken Bacon and Avocado Salad
- 12/22 Thursday: Winter Minestrone with Garlic Bruschetta
- 12/23 Friday: Christmas Charcuterie Board
- 12/24 Saturday: 75 Christmas Eve Dinner Ideas from Fancy to No-Fuss
- 12/25 Sunday: Christmas Menu Ideas and Recipes (including apps and desserts), 60 Creative Christmas Ideas That Will Steal The Show, 15 Make Ahead Christmas Breakfast Ideas
- 12/26 Monday: Boxing Day Menu Ideas
- 12/27 Tuesday: Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna
- 12/28 Wednesday: Crunchy Thai Peanut Quinoa Salad
- 12/29 Thursday: The Ultimate Immune Boosting Soup
- 12/30 Friday: Skinny Chicken Pot Pie
- 12/31 Saturday: 50 New Year’s Eve Dinner Ideas to Deliciously Welcome a New Year
Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables to Enjoy:
Apples, Beets, Cabbage, Carrots, Collard Greens, Dried Beans, Herbs, Leeks, Onions, Parsnips, Pears, Potatoes, Turnips, Winter Squash
Sweet Treats to Try This Month:
- Fudgy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Gingerbread Layer Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint No-Bake Tart
- The 56 Best Christmas Desserts of All Time
December Menu Ideas Things to Keep in Mind…
While the holiday season is full of amazing opportunities to reconnect with family and friends, it’s also a great time to really hone in on those self-care practices that fulfill and lift you up.
Continue to make the rhythms and routines that are most helpful a priority so you can finish the year strong and healthy.
As always, you can find out How to Meal Plan By The Month here.
Let us know which meals from our November Menu Ideas list you’re looking forward to making the most!
Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
I really appreciated your tips for how to meal plan by the month. This is especially practical for a busy month like December. Thank you for sharing all of this amazing inspiration!
You are so welcome, Heidi, happy to help any time! Hope you’re week has been filled with all good things, CoCo
These sound wonderful. Great meal ideas!
Thank you, Susan! It helps so much to have a plan. Hope you’ve had the best week, CoCo