Happy Friday from the front porch you guys! How has your week been? I hope it’s been a fun one. You know how every week I feel like my week is totally bananas? Well, I’m starting to think it’s probably more like my life is bananas ha ha.
So, I started painting all the trim in the master bathroom on Sunday afternoon. Monday, found me cleaning out the home office so we could finish the makeover. You guys may remember we had started working on the office right before my grandparents passed away in March. It feels so good to be almost finished.
Tuesday, my parents came over to help move the bookcases and a few other key pieces of furniture into the office. Wednesday, I cleaned up everything we had moved (OMG see the picture below. Even my dad who never says anything about our housekeeping skills was all, “CoCo, you gotta get this under control. It’s a total mess!” not even a minute after he walked <read: wiggled> through the front door). Thursday, my mom came back over to help me shop a bit and stage everything we had changed. It looks so much better!
This morning, I picked my bestie S up from the airport so we’re probably eating biscuits or smothered hash browns catching up on everything right now. I’m exhausted but so thankful for the extra help and the progress we made this week. It was more than I imagined and feels like the biggest blessing!
I really thought we would take a break after finishing the half bath last week but when my parents were able to spend some time helping me around the house this week, I jumped at the chance to knock out a few projects that are way above my skill set. I could not have made it without them this week, they’re the best!
Scenes from My Week:
* I’m always going to be a farm girl at heart but when S sent me this picture from Chicago it made me appreciate how awesome big cities opportunities are too. On a side note, can we just give it up for the genius ladies that rock it in technology fields? Girls could rule the world any day, just sayin’.
* While S was living it up in Chicago, I was battling the rain from Tropical Storm Emily. This pair dropped by to dry out their wings a bit.
* One of THE biggest messes I’ve ever made. Period.
* Even with the mess I was still able to make healthy eating choices. I’m not saying I didn’t make chocolate chip cookies because I did but I didn’t stress eat as many as I thought I would ha ha.
* I haven’t read a book or magazine all week. I can’t wait to dive into this one this weekend.
Here’s a peek at a few of our favorite things from around the web this week… (Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
This home tour in the Hamptons is totally gorgeous!
This bee inspired tablescape is so beautiful it will have you wanting to linger over breakfast on a relaxing Saturday.
Just when you think Chip and Jojo are all hanging out twiddling their thumbs over the summer, they go and announce this I know!
Expert advice on Easy Ways to End Your Decorating Rut
This was a great post on how to decorate around a focal point from Studio McGee.
A few East Coast inspired finds from Amazon…
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
I hope you guys all have a peace filled and relaxing weekend. I need a hot minute to think and prepare posts for next week. I’m usually ahead of the game but this week I’m all, “Calgon, take me away!” like every night. I have so many fun makeovers and projects to share I’ll have to decide which things to share first.Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.