Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends. Thanks so much for being here and for making us a part of your day!
Raise your hand if you’re starting to feel the Christmas Crunch.
The weeks leading up to the big day are packed, aren’t they?
Recently, I found myself in a situation three weeks in a row that I absolutely, positively did. not. want. to. be. in.
Before the football season even began, I told my pod I was willing to do anything they needed me to do save for this *one* thing.
Then my sweet nephew made it to the semi-finals, then the finals, and finally the state championship game.
Every win forced me to reevaluate my position and deal with my intense anxiety triggers which have been in overdrive as of late.
I’ll be honest, it took a lot of prayer to work through the challenges.
It wasn’t easy by any stretch.
But I knew it had all been worth it when my nephew looked up into the stands at the end of every game and saw the members of our pod cheering him on win or lose.
I share this experience because I know someone reading this post will be placed in a situation that causes them stress or anxiety this holiday season too.
A situation that doesn’t necessarily violate your personal safety or well-being, but one that makes you feel highly uncomfortable or digs up emotions you might have buried long ago.
Even the “fun stuff” can be tough to navigate sometimes.
As with prayerful consideration, being aware of the language I was using around the event helped me become more peace-filled as I faced each challenge.
You may not realize it but “I am” are two of the most powerful words we ever speak.
They can take you from a victim’s mentality to a victor’s mentality in seconds.
So, if you find yourself in a challenging situation remember to flip the script and use “I am” or “I choose” to help you navigate mental shifts or roadblocks.
While it may not make the anxiety or stress go away, it can help give you a dose of confidence, empowerment, grace, forgiveness, or perspective when you need it most.
Here’s a look at the soundtracks we’ll be using this holiday season…
- “I am in control of how spend my time this holiday season” (when you feel overwhelmed by your calendar)
- “I choose to sprinkle Christmas magic this holiday season” (when you feel overwhelmed by the negativity of others)
- “I appreciate the beauty of these decorations and the holiday home I’ve created” (when you feel like your Christmas decorations are not as amazing as the ones you see on social media)
- “I am grateful for the abundant blessings the holiday season brings” (when you feel overwhelmed by the size of your shopping list)
- “I am setting healthy boundaries that bring me peace” (when you feel overwhelmed by the demands of others)
- “Mental shift, peppermint twist” (when you feel like Scrooge and are overwhelmed by too many tasks, and you need to infuse joy into the situation)
- THINK: Is it True? Is this Helpful? Is it Inspiring? Is it Necessary? Is it Kind? (a classroom reminder that helps you think before you speak)
Cheering you on as discover soundtracks of your own to help make this time of year magical and manageable.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web This Week…
Seasonal Home and Garden Tours:
- Wait until you see how The Fox Group celebrates the holidays!
- There are so many beautiful antiques in this 1940s cottage featured via Atlanta Home & Lifestyle.
- This Christmas home tour featured via Lark & Linen feels timeless!
- I love all the layers of texture in this holiday home by Studio McGee featured on the Nordroom
- Have you seen Jennifer Rizzo’s Annual Holiday House Walk Tour yet?
- This tree from Ella Claire & Co is still one of my all-time favorites!
- I can’t remember if I shared Rebecca’s post or not already but it’s filled with so many fabulous country Christmas decorating ideas.
- These salt dough hand ornaments from Coley Kuyper Art would be so much fun to make with the littles!
- These diy state love ornaments would be so cute to send loved ones who can’t come home for Christmas too.
Health and Wellness Inspiration:
- How I am Staying Organized Right Now via Carly Riordan
- This post I Prioritized This Daily Habit and It Transformed My Life from The Everygirl is filled with actional mindfulness tips.
- 40 Wellness Hacks to Keep You Healthy Through the Holidays via Camille Styles
- Meghan Markle Approved Looks That Are Timeless and Chic
- Bookmarking this post, How to Wear a Sequin Skirt from Design Indulgence so I can reference it all year!
Simple Pleasures and Little Luxuries:
- The Frame x Ritz Paris collaboration is out and it’s just as fabulous as you’d imagine.
- If equestrian love is near and dear to your heart, you’ll adore these.
- This name bracelet would make such a pretty gift idea.
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog or the Archives Recently, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
You can find last week’s From the Front Porch post here, in case you missed it…
Organizing the Week Ahead…
Words to Live By:
Dates to Celebrate and Commemorate:
- 12/09 Christmas Card Day
- 12/10 Second Week of Advent
- 12/12 Green Monday
- 12/12 Gingerbread House Day
- 12/13 National Cocoa Day
- 12/14-17 Shipping Deadlines for Christmas Ground Delivery
- 12/16 Wreaths Across America Day
Weekly Simplified and Organized Home Challenge Task:
- Finalize Christmas Menu & Grocery List
3 Simple Ways to Celebrate the Season:
- Attend Dance and Piano Recitals and Cheer on The Littles
- Sip Cocoa by The Fire
- Stargaze at Night
Amazon Jewelry Gift and Stocking Stuffer Ideas We Spotted Online at Amazon This Week…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!