Happy Thursday from the front porch you guys! How was your week? We hope it’s been a good one.
Do you guys have everything ready to go for Mother’s Day?
We celebrated early with my Mom last night and had so much fun. It’s been a crazy busy week trying to make sure we had everything wrapped up for the One Room Challenge, so it was nice to hang out with family and relax.
Thank you so much for all your kind comments and sweet notes of support on our ORC Bedroom Reveal Post. You guys melt my heart on the daily!
I plan to make my way through the rest of the One Room Challenge reveal posts today. I peeked at a few when we got home last night and gosh there are so many gorgeous room makeovers! You can find all the One Room Challenge makeover reveal posts here.
Now that you’ve seen the entire space, some of you have asked what’s going to happen with my office and the breakfast nook. That’s the million-dollar question, right?
My plan is to use all the same furniture that was in the rooms before and to simply update my office with a fresh coat of paint and a different light. We’ll update the breakfast nook with new art, possibly a new rug and curtains.
I already have an idea of what I want to do for both spaces, it’s just a matter of giving Team Crowned Goat a rest break and then ordering what few things I need.
I’m hoping to have at least my office completed before I start working on the bedroom and the office closet. Right now, storage space is at a premium and things are starting to spill out into the common areas while we address these spaces.
It’s driving me bananas! If it seems like we’re working at a feverish pace, I promise there is a very good reason ?
A few of our favorite posts from around the web this week…
* For those of you that have felt the heartbreak after the loss of a treasured furry family member, this post is such a sweet read. Welcome to the world, Gus!
* The Fox Group can do no wrong and this home tour clearly proves it!
* It’s hard to believe this family’s Highlands retreat space is right in the middle of town! It looks like a gorgeous cabin in the woods.
* McGee & Co recently their outdoor collection and it’s as stunning as you’d imagine.
* It’s no secret we love gardens, so it was fun to see some of our favorites in this easy to grow cottage garden perennials post.
* This summer herb guide was a helpful read. Gathering all the ingredients to make a meal at the farmers market is one of my favorite lazy day summer activities.
* Finally, an update on Season 3 of The Crown
* Speaking of Royal, have you guys seen these pieces that will be auctioned off at Christie’s in June?
Quote of the week & Free Printable…
On the Menu this Week…
**(Just as a sweet reminder the person that makes the menu doesn’t eat beef or pork so keep that in mind when you see this feature each week, wink wink)**
*Week of May 13 – May 19
Monday – Skinny Fettuccini Alfredo
Tuesday – Coconut Crusted Fish Tacos
Wednesday – Triple Berry Spinach Salad
Thursday – Spice Tuna Poke Bowls
Friday – Spinach Avocado Chicken Burgers
Saturday – One Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
Sunday – One Skillet Vegetable Lasagna
Sweet Treat to Try this Week…
National Chocolate Chip Day is May 15th and this recipe is the most repined chocolate chip cookie recipe on Pinterest.
Here are a few Spring to Summer fashion finds we spotted on Amazon this week…
**(Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
17 Ways to Ease Into Summer (from the archives)
52 Weeks to a Simplified & Organized Home Challenge
If you’re part of our 52 Weeks to a Simplified and Organized Home Challenge, we’re completing Week 19, Household Books & Magazines and looking forward to completing Week 20, Home Office or Guest Room.
I hope you all have a peace filled and happy Mother’s Day weekend, if you are celebrating. We will be thankfully embracing a low-key weekend after pretty much being out of town and working non-stop for the past 6 weeks. I’ve definitely reached my limit and my body is begging for a rest. I’m talking random naps, ice cream, good books, long walks, spring salads and maybe brunch and a movie ?