Keeping it short and sweet today, as my sisters and I (with the blessing and generosity of my Dad) have officially whisked my Mom away to begin her 10-Day “Celebration of 70” birthday festivities.
My Mom loves surprises, so it’s been fun to work alongside my Dad, and sisters for months to help make her 70th birthday a special one.
There were a million times I wondered if we were going to be able to pull this trip off so I’m thankful we’ve all taken extra care and precautions along the way to be able to be together.
She is a daily blessing, a true gift, and we treasure her deeply.
I don’t want to give too much away because she reads every post (Fridays are her favorite too) so I’ll just say we love you Mom, and we can’t wait to celebrate you!
A Few of Our Favorite Posts from Around the Web this Week…
All the homes in this designer’s portfolio will make you want to snuggle up for a long winter’s nap!
Reason number 1,259,713,026,479 to love Giannetti before & after makeovers.
This post, Say Goodbye to These Design Trends in 2022 gave me the giggles. Obviously, I will be out of style this year. Cheers to living with what you love!
Speaking of which, this post, 5 Reasons to Still Love Farmhouse Style No Matter What the Trends Say was pretty fabulous.
This is such a beautiful way to repurpose an old sweater.
Get ready to do a deep dive into these Hot and Flashy Videos she covers such a great range of topics too (Thank you for sending us this link Charlene)
8 Ideas You Need for Getting Organized (There are so many great ideas you can use all over the house and garden in this post!)
Words to Live By…
Book of the Month…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
I’m about ¾ of the way through this book and I am LOVING it! The timing couldn’t have been better as we ease into the New Year and begin to set impactful goals.
I’ve already started to put several of the ideas in place and they’ve really helped.
Devotion of the Quarter…
Another book that has already been a game-changer! There are 4 books in this series and if they’re as good as this one is I feel like our morning devotion will never be the same.
On the Menu this Week…
Week of January 16th – January 23rd
- 01/16 Sunday: Healthy Easy Turkey Pot Pie
- 01/17 Monday: Rainbow Buddha Bowl with Cashew Tahini Sauce
- 01/18 Tuesday: White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
- 01/19 Wednesday: Apple Pomegranate Harvest Salad
- 01/20 Thursday: Spicy Cabbage Soup
- 01/21 Friday: Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 01/22 Saturday: Shrimp and Grits
- 01/23 Sunday: Oven Fried Chicken and Waffles
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Sleep Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
January Bucket List…
- Do All Our Favorite Things on New Year’s Day
- Celebrate my Birthday and my Mom’s Milestone Birthday
- Begin 5 Minute Journal
- Establish Skincare Routine
- Eat Greens with Every Meal
- Drink Water Before Coffee
- Create a Cozy Winter Home
- Buy a New Sleeping Pillow & Mattress Cover
- Begin (in)courage Bible Study/Devotion
- Reestablish Morning & Nightly Routines
- Transition to Afternoon Workout Routine
- Plan Valentine’s Day Activities
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
January Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Your Health-Wellness Routines & Home Keeping Systems
- 01/01 Morning Routine & Workout Routine
- 01/08 Nightly Routine with 15 Minute Clutter Catcher
- 01/15 Cleaning Schedule
- 01/22 Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping
- 01/29 Organize the Pantry & Spices
- 02/05 Organize the Refrigerator & Freezer
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 01/14 Buy Valentines Cards, Gifts & Countdown Calendar Supplies
- 01/16 National Use Your Gift Card Day
- 01/17 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 01/23 National Pie Day
- 01/24 National Compliment Day
- 01/25 National Plan for Vacation Day
- 01/26 National Green Juice Day
- 01/27 National Chocolate Cake Day
- 01/31 National Hot Chocolate Day
Just a Heads Up…
Just a heads up our posting schedule will be a bit different in the coming weeks, as we travel in and out of town celebrating our birthdays and taking care of a few other things. I’m hoping to take lots of pictures while we’re away!
By the end of February, we’ll have traveled out of town at least once a week for 14 out of 17 weeks. It’s been a lot to juggle at times so I’m beyond grateful for your grace and understanding.
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!