Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends! It’s great to have you here today.
How excited are you that it’s officially Fall?
Just give me 15 minutes on the porch with a pumpkin spice latte or a cinnamon apple cider and I feel totally refreshed.
This week has been so much fun because we brought down all the Halloween decorations from the attic and I finally decided on my costume for the Spooky Soiree.
If you’re new here, every Halloween my parents throw a big party called the Spooky Soiree. It’s one of my favorite days of the entire year because my Mom hangs festive decorations and pulls out all the stops by covering the dining room table with lots of little nibbles. She serves a signature drink, everyone dresses up, we play games and dance and it’s always such a good time.
There are always prizes for game and costume winners but I was at Joanns recently and found these ribbons on sale so that will be a fun addition this year!
Truthfully, it took me a while to come up with an idea but after such a long recovery from COVID and Strep, I’m ready to celebrate all the things.
My Mom and sister were super sweet to indulge my royal theme last year. So, this year, I’m thinking 80s hair and makeup and lots of sparkles.
I’m still waiting for my dress and shoes to arrive. Fingers crossed they fit!
Whatever you have planned for the weekend I hope it’s something Fall-inspired and fun.
This weekend is our last official weekend “off” before our family’s 5-month “holiday hustle” begins so I plan to take full advantage of the time.
On a side note, if you’re looking for a feel-good kind of cozy-up movie, we saw “Love at First Sight” on Netflix and it was really cute.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web This Week…
Beautiful Home and Garden Tours:
- I love everything about this 1930s Penn Renovation from Whitney Parkinson Design. It feels so warm and inviting!
- Speaking of warm and inviting, The Cedar House by Mindy Laven is gorgeous. Wait until you see the bathtub and the butler’s pantry.
- This tour of Cressy Hall is like stepping back in time in the best possible way. There are so many details to love including the gardens.
- Loved this style profile from The Glam Pad on Bria Hammel Interiors. It is filled with so much inspiration I’m ready for her to write a design book!
- If you’re thinking about refreshing your bedroom before the holiday season gets into full swing, Jennifer of Town and County Living shared this post, 12 Cozy Bedroom Ideas for Your Ultimate Retreat and I pinned so many of them.
- 6 Easy Ways DIY to Decorate a Dollar Tree Pumpkin Frame (these are all fabulous ideas from Rachel)
- Cindy shared How to Craft Primitive Rustic Fabric Acorns and they are super cute!
- Just pinned this fall tablescape from the Happy Happy Nester. The colors are so bright and cheery and unexpected. It’s really pretty!
- Have you seen how Niky made Spooky Dollar Tree Ghost Candles yet? The littles would love them!
- Break out the popcorn! Hallmark Reveals Their Holiday Movie Schedule
Health and Wellness Inspiration:
- Crazy Schedule? You Need a Flexible Cleaning Routine
- 7 Ways to Be More Productive in Your Home Office
- 99 Budgeting Hacks That Make Your Money Work For You
- This article was such a fun look at Princess Kate’s jewelry pieces.
- This video, Three Words to Define Your Style, was really helpful.
- Loved this post, 10 Ways to Style a Lady Jacket too. J Crew is killing it this season!
Simple Pleasures and Little Luxuries:
- There are so many fun ideas you could create with this custom gift idea.
- These would make such a sweet personalized gift idea too.
- Just added these statement makers to my Christmas wish list.
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog or the Archives Recently, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
The Last 100 Days (one of our most popular Encouragement of the Month posts)
And here’s last week’s From the Front Porch post, in case you missed it…
Organizing the Week Ahead…
Words to Live By:
Dates to Celebrate:
- 10/01 National Pumpkin Spice Day
- 10/03National Techies Day
- 10/04 National Taco Day
- 10/05 Do Something Nice Day
*Amazon Prime Day will be on October 10-11 so now is a great time to get your holiday shopping list together
Weekly Simplified and Organized Home Challenge Task:
- Review Family Holiday Calendar and Set Family Doctor Appointments
*Don’t forget to make your hair appointments before the Thanksgiving rush
3 Simple Ways to Celebrate the Season:
- Celebrate Oktoberfest
- Decorate the House for Halloween
- Bake a Loaf of Pumpkin Bread
October Menu Ideas:
Fall Essentials We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know. We hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing and we can’t wait to share even more with you next week!