Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends and thanks so much for making us a part of your day!
If you had a chance to read Monday’s post, Thoughts on Quarters and Lasting Change… you know I was all set to meet my accountability partner for lunch and J Crew today to celebrate the end of Q1’s Quarter Challenge.
Unfortunately, last Thursday night I woke up with intense back pain and by Friday morning I realized my back had gone out completely. It had been really tender all week so I can’t say I was totally surprised.
I’ve had this happen once before following an injury so I was hoping after a full week of rest, ice, heat, meds, light work duty, and gentle stretches I would be bouncing happily into the store and high-fiving over Bloody Marys.
But my body says, “Not so fast, CoCo.”
Instead of letting disappointment kick in and take over though, I’m bound and determined to celebrate the end of Q1 by honoring the random little things that brought me joy this month including the 330 quarters representing 330 healthy choices made!
Here’s a look at six things bringing me joy in no particular order…
1.) I’ve previously shared I gave myself an M-F work uniform to help cut down on decision fatigue in the mornings. But I also decided to give myself a Sacred Sunday uni too.
It’s a super soft pink matching set that makes me feel like curling up so much I look forward to it each week,
On a side note, the minute I finished Declutter Like a Mother it made me want to only give presents like gift cards, money, consumables, or practical items I know people can use immediately 😂
2.) My bestie S got me this pen as one of my birthday gifts and it’s so nice!
This elegant color is called British Racing Green and you can find it in the “little luxuries” section of our Farmhouse Easter Basket ideas down below.
3.) After putting off an eye exam for 2 years because of the pandemic, I finally got new glasses and contacts and I can’t believe the difference!
If you’re always losing the cleaning cloth for your glasses leave it in your case – that way you’ll always have it when you need it and you’ll also know where to find it too.
4.) I’ve been using this Pink Champagne Sugar Scrub from Tree Hut in the mornings and it smells AMAZING. It literally makes my whole bathroom smell good and feels like such a treat!
You can find it at Walmart, Target, or Amazon. We found it for around $7 earlier this year so if you see it in the store scoop it up because it’s out of stock online at Target, Amazon is selling it for around $30 a jar and Walmart is selling it for around $4O.
5.) We’ve been obsessed with Cara Cara oranges lately, have you tried them yet?
They look like a pink grapefruit inside but taste sweet like a tangelo. The season runs through April so if you see them grab them – they’re a really good and healthy snack!
Speaking of sweet snacks…
6.) Kisses from Piper – She obviously takes a “smothered and covered approach” but I’m underneath there somewhere.
If you’ve ever welcomed a rescue into your home that has been physically or verbally abused you know how much extra TLC they need. Especially where touches of affection and snuggles are concerned!
It’s been over a year now and she’s still making progress!
Piper is easily overstimulated and it can take HOURS to wind her down after she gets spun up so we try to keep things as chill as possible.
Norah Jones is probably her favorite but she’s also super calm when Alexa plays “Classical Focus” too. I also just found Dumbledore’s Office on YouTube and she seems to like it as well.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web This Week…
The fabulous portfolio of Kelsey Leigh Design Co.
This home tour makes me want to scale back all the extras and bring in more plants.
The blue and white cottage that will have you looking for lake property.
This primary bathroom and closet looks straight out of the movies – so pretty!
Losing my mind in the best possible way for this roadside find makeover, it’s perfection!
This blooming flower basket centerpiece is totally adorable
Can you even with these cute teapots?
Speaking of cute, this is the sweetest dollar tree wreath for spring
If putting together Easter baskets seems overwhelming, try Easter boxes.
I love how this dough bowl centerpiece is styled with dried flowers for Easter
I just pinned this easy DIY Easter Bunny Tree too!
An Incomplete List of Green Flags (this was such a great post)
Words to Live By…
Second Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- April – The Gift of Home: Beauty and Inspiration to Make Every Space a Special Place by Bre Doucette
- May – The Power to Bless – Speaking Life Into Those You Love by Alan Right
- June – Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L Scott
- Courageous Simplicity: Abide in the Simple Abundance of Jesus
On the Menu this Week…
Week of April 3rd – April 10th
- 04/03 Sunday: Baked Pork Tenderloin with mashed potatoes, green beans, and baked apples
- 04/04 Monday: Greek Chicken Bowls
- 04/05 Tuesday: Baja Fish Tacos
- 04/06 Wednesday: Black Bean Mason Jar Salad
- 04/07 Thursday: Creamy Lemony Chicken and Potato Insta Pot Soup
- 04/08 Friday: Homemade Sausage Rolls with a side of salty chips and apple salad
- 04/09 Saturday: Mango Ginger Rice Bowl
- 04/10 Sunday: Spinach Artichoke Ravioli Bake with a side salad
Prepping for Easter Weekend…
- 85 Easter Dinner Ideas Your Family Will Love
- Easter Bunny Butt Doughnuts (I promise they’re cuter than they sound)
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Spring Green and Neutral Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate and an Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Bunny Bookends * Heels (these are getting such great reviews some sizes are already running out) * Shirt (have in camel and love) * Crinkle Paper Filler (a great alternative to plastic grass for Easter baskets)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
(one of the biggest tools we’ve used to establish and maintain healthy habits this year)
Farmhouse Easter Basket Ideas (96 gift ideas + 16 basket ideas)
April Bucket List…
- Celebrate April Birthdays
- Order S’s Birthday Cake and Presents
- Celebrate Easter at Bliss Barracks
- Make Easter Basket for Piper
- Meet S for Dinner to Celebrate the End of Tax Season
- Meet Accountability Partner for Lunch and J Crew
- Continue Quarter Challenge in Q2
- Establish Excercise Plan to Strengthen Core
- Begin the Miracle Month with Carrie Green
- Take Part in Jon Acuff’s Overcoming Overthinking Challenge
- Organize and Finish the Laundry Room Makeover
- Read the Book of the Month
- Begin Q2 Devotion
- Keep Sundays Sacred
April Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Shared and Common Areas:
- 04/02 – Linen Closets
- 04/09 – Laundry Room
- 04/16 – Entry or Mudroom
- 04/23 – Dining Room & Dining Room Hutch/Buffet
- 04/30 – Declutter & Organize Living Room
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 04/01 – Buy Birthday and Special Occasion Gifts and Cards
- 04/10 – Palm Sunday, Siblings Day
- 04/11 – National Pet Day
- 04/15 – Good Friday
- 04/17 – Easter Sunday
- 04/18 – Tax Day (US)
- 04/22 – Earth Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!