I’ve tried all week to come up with something eloquent to say but the words just escape me.
On Monday, our sweet rescue Piper had another severe allergic reaction to several shots following her vet appointment and had to be rushed back to the office for emergency treatment. We had already received some really hard (but not surprising) news about her behavior struggles while we were there the first time so my heart was already tender.
Later that day, we found out my 4 year old cousin had been involved in a tragic horse accident.
He passed away on Tuesday just before lunch.
As you can imagine, we are heartbroken.
While I try to keep things light and encouraging on the blog and on social media, I must admit, I’m struggling this week.
Thank you in advance for your grace and for your prayers for his parents, grandparents, and siblings. And for our family who walks beside them in grief.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web This Week…
Such an honor to be included in Rachel’s post, 5 Favorite Home Décor Blogs.
The beautiful portfolio of Chauncey Boothby Interiors.
Beth Webb + Reynolds Plantation = Swoon Worthy Interiors
There are so many fabulous things to love about this Kentucky home tour.
A country cottage garden shed tour that will make you want to pull out your pots and start planting!
My friend Kim always has the best gardening tips, if you’re looking to create a low-maintenance garden this year this post is for you.
These tin can planters are all so cute!
Love the wild Victorian wreath Debra made.
I can’t even with this doorscape – it’s stunning!
Julia Berolzheimer x Pottery Barn (the entire collection is totally dreamy)
How pretty is this closet office?
Words to Live By…
Second Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- April – The Gift of Home: Beauty and Inspiration to Make Every Space a Special Place by Bre Doucette (Love how this book is broken down into rooms – it makes decorating feel doable)
- May – The Power to Bless – Speaking Life into Those You Love by Alan Right (this book is so good, I started highlighting from the beginning. I think it’s going to make my top 3 list of the year)
- June – Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L Scott (It looks like this book has been restocked recently and hopefully more are on the way)
- Courageous Simplicity: Abide in the Simple Abundance of Jesus (Such a great way to start the morning with quiet time)
On the Menu this Week…
Week of May 15th – May 22nd
- 05/15 Sunday: Bolognese Baked Tortellini with a side salad
- 05/16 Monday: Miso-Glazed Halibut with Baby Bok Choy and Sake Butter Sauce and roasted veggies
- 05/17 Tuesday: Slow Cooker Jalapeno Chicken Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 05/18 Wednesday: Chopped Greek Salad
- 05/19 Thursday: Ina Garten’s Cheddar Corn Chowder with field green salad and garlic knots
- 05/20 Friday: Fancy BLT Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with garden salad
- 05/21 Saturday: Easy One Pan Roasted Shrimp and Veggies
- 05/22 Sunday: Balsamic Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin with roasted potatoes and broccoli
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Memorial Day Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
May Bucket List…
- Celebrate May Day, Cinco de Mayo, Derby Day, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day and AM’s 1-Year Cancer Anniversary
- Buy a New Sundress (for the love, get over your arms, CoCo🤣)
- Make Ice Cream
- Sunset Picnic at the Beach
- Look for Fireflies
- Buy Piper a Swimming Pool
- Continue Quarter Challenge in Q2
- Establish Exercise Plan to Strengthen Core
- Begin the Miracle Month with Carrie Green Challenge
- Organize and Finish the Laundry Room Makeover
- Continue Morning Pages
- Read the Book of the Month
- Continue Q2 Devotion
- Keep Sundays Sacred
May Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Shared and Common Areas
- 05/07 – Organize Household Books & Magazines
- 05/14 – Home Office or Guest Room
- 05/21 – Home Office or Guest Room Closet & Drawers
- 05/28 – Create Summer Bucket List
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember and Upcoming Posts…
- 05/14 – National Dog Mom’s Day
- 05/20 – National Rescue Dog Day
- 05/30 – Memorial Day, National Creativity Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!