Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends. Thanks so much for making us a part of your day!
How has your week been?
Are you easing into summer or giving it everything you’ve got right out of the gate?
We’ve been at the cabin so our time has been spent hiking in the mornings, exploring new to us small towns, treasure hunting, reading on the porch swing, and stopping for peaches and ice cream every chance we get.
The rhythm of our days are so slow and steady, it makes me long for a simpler time.
I’ve often wondered how we can bottle up the magic of this place and take it home with us.
It’s incredibly peaceful here.
Whether you’re trying to carve out time for summer camp-inspired activities, create an intentional summer bucket list, embrace healthy habits by way of the Quarter Challenge, launch the dreams you’ve had on hold for whatever reason, or are in pursuit of sacred rest, please know I’m cheering you on this summer.
It’s hard to talk about your dreams, goals, and plans sometimes – I totally get it!
But don’t file them away for “someday,” ok?
Clarity comes with action.
So, be bold enough to take the next step.
It doesn’t have to be anything big or life-changing.
Small, consistent steps in the right direction are like ripples on a lake.
The impact is long-lasting and has the potential to reach further than you could ever imagine.
A Few of Our Favorite Things From Around the Web This Week…
I’m excited and honored to be featured over at The Antiquated Journey for Rachel’s blogger series. She had lots of fabulous questions so the interview on hope and home was such a fun one.
Julia’s Charleston home is really beautiful.
I had not even heard of pantry drawers until I saw this fabulous makeover!
We definitely need this beauty at Loblolly!
Speaking of Loblolly, I’m totally losing it in the best possible way over this country house tour.
Can we just talk about Ina Garten’s East Hampton Garden for a sec? Gah-it’s just as stunning as you would expect!
If you haven’t seen this she shed greenhouse dressed up for summer yet, it’s delightful.
This light blue home office is so pretty!
The new David Austin Rose is amazing.
How pretty are these earrings?
Love this bracelet too!
10 Drugstore Makeup Finds (I’m always so thankful when people share these kinds of finds)
A Numerologist-Approved Guide to Angel Numbers (Not very many people in my circle have experienced this but it happens to me all the time)
Words to Live By…
Second Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- April – The Gift of Home: Beauty and Inspiration to Make Every Space a Special Place by Bre Doucette (This book is filled with lots of neutral decor ideas that will help you create a home you love no matter what the season)
- May – The Power to Bless – Speaking Life into Those You Love by Alan Right (I had no idea I’d be impacted by this book as much as I was – I swear there is something highlighted on almost every page!)
- June – Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L Scott (I’ve been spending lots of lazy afternoons on the porch swing with this book!)
- Courageous Simplicity: Abide in the Simple Abundance of Jesus (This devotion will make you re-evaluate how you see time and what you define as simple. It’s definitely challenged my old ways of thinking which I did not expect!)
On the Menu this Week…
Week of June 19th – June 27th
- 06/18 Saturday: 56 Father’s Day Dinner Recipes
- 06/19 Sunday: Father’s Day (US): 35 Father’s Day Brunch Menu Ideas
- 06/20 Monday: Watermelon Poke Bowl (V)
- 06/21 Tuesday: 30-Minute Spicy Baked Fish Tacos
- 06/22 Wednesday: Grilled Nectarine and Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 06/23 Thursday: Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Quinoa and Vegetable Soup
- 06/24 Friday: Crab Cake Sandwiches with slaw and zesty sweet potato fries
- 06/25 Saturday: Egg Roll Bowls
- 06/27 Sunday: Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs with an Italian side salad
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Pink and Blue Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
June Bucket List…
- Celebrate Dad’s Birthday, Flag Day, and Father’s Day
- Enjoy the Cabin
- Begin 30 Day Rest Challenge
- Try a New Craft Project
- Learn to Make a Signature Mocktail
- Surprise Someone with an Unexpected Gift
- Take a Walking Photography Tour
- Continue Quarter 2 Challenge
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
June Simplified and Organize Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Paper Clutter, Photos, and Email
- 06/04 – Bills/Mail/Paper Clutter
- 06/11 – Digital Computer Files/Passwords/Photographs
- 06/18 – Your Email Inbox
- 06/25 – Organize Your Purse, Wallet & Update Your Phone Contacts
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 06/19 – Juneteenth, Father’s Day
- 06/21 – First Day of Summer
- 06/23 – National Pink Day
- 06/30 – Social Media Day, National Meteor Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!