Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends. We appreciate you making us a part of your day today!
As some of you know, we’ve been celebrating a “summer camp theme” this season and I think it’s been one of my favorite summers to date.
Nearly, every afternoon a band of heavy showers rolls over our island cottage and invites us to slow down.
It reminds me of the lazy days we spent sitting on our bunks after lunch writing letters home and listening to each other tell stories while at sleep-away camp.
Even though we’re all grown up now, we still make time to honor this cozy tradition each summer.
Sometimes we let ourselves nap and sometimes we read a book on the covered porch while listening to the rhythm of the rain.
Sometimes the showers bring along a “thunder beast” and we’re wrangling our sweet rescue Piper off the furniture and into a “cape of bravery” (AKA a thunder shirt) 😉.
It’s never the same afternoon but the end result is almost always a peaceful one.
A few weeks ago, I decided to create a vision board during one of the downpours.
It’s been YEARS since I’ve taken the time to sit down and create one but I’m excited about the way it came together.
The beauty of crafting projects like these is that you only need phrases and pictures from magazines, tape or glue, a glue brush, scissors, and a sturdy foam core or poster board to get started.
Vision boards are great because they help keep you motivated on tough days, provide clarity and focus during the messy middle, and offer a sense of hope for the future.
I know it’s not always easy to squirrel away an afternoon or weeknight to craft but if you ever get the chance, I highly recommend making one!
A Few of Our Favorite Things From Around the Web This Week…
The inside of Nancy Meyers’ home is just as amazing as you’d imagine it to be.
I’m pretty sure these powerhouses had me at “romance” and “coastal charm” – the pink walls were just an added bonus!
The Founder of The Whites Company’s Harmonious Country Garden
Speaking of harmonious, have you seen Bria’s backyard and 3 seasons porch makeover yet?
What about this stunning floral photography blog and online business?
Loved these backyard porch ideas that help keep bugs away.
Words to Live By…
Third Quarter Books of the Month and Devotional…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- July: How Are You, Really? by Jenna Kutcher (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! It’s such a good one. I’ve highlighted so many passages!)
- August: Minimalista: Your Step-by-Step Guide to a Better Home, Wardrobe, and Life by Shira Gill
- September: A More Beautiful Life: A Simple Five-Step Approach to Living Balanced Goals with HEART by Whitney English
- Quarter 3 Devotional: Courageous Joy: Delight in God in Every Season by (in)courage
On the Menu this Week…
**We’ll be part of a summer celebration blog hop next Friday, but you can find all our July Menu Ideas here
Week of July 15th – July 24th
- 07/15 Friday: Old Bay Grilled Lime Tuna Steak
- 07/16 Saturday: Chicken Fried Steak with steamed veggies and cauliflower mash
- 07/17 Sunday: Mushroom Ravioli with Spinach
- 07/18 Monday: Firecracker Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- 07/19 Tuesday: One Skillet Saucy Chicken Tortilla Enchilada Rice Bake
- 07/20 Wednesday: Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad
- 07/21 Thursday: Summer Vegetable Soup
- 07/22 Friday: Kicked Up Cornflake Chicken
- 07/23 Saturday: One Pan Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- 07/24 Sunday: Insta Pot Honey Baked Ham with old fashion potato salad, baked beans, and green beans
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
Pink Summer Inspired Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
(Thank you, thank you, thank you for shopping our links so we can continue to encourage women around the world!)
July Bucket List…
- Celebrate Independence Day
- Prepare the Porch for Summer
- Make Peach Ice Cream
- Take Piper to the Beach
- Sparklers with the Littles
- Family Picnic at the Farm
- Attend a Summer Yard Sale
- Christmas in July Activities
- Begin Summer Routines
- Begin Quarter 3 Challenge
- Plan Fall and Winter Content
- Post a Blog Video
- Read the Book of the Month
- Start Quarter 3 Devotional
- Keep Sundays Sacred
July Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Kids Rooms or Guest Rooms & Bathrooms
- 07/02 – Kids Room or Guest Room
- 07/09 – Kids Room or Guest Room Closet & Drawers
- 07/16 – Kids Room or Guest Room Bathroom & Cabinets
- 07/23 – Back to School Supplies/ Toys & Games
- 07/30 – Clean Out/Organize Your Car
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember and Upcoming Posts…
- 07/17 – National Ice Cream Day
- 07/20 – National Hot Dog Day
- 07/22 – Summer Celebration Blog Hop
- 07/25 – Christmas in July Celebration Blog Hop
- 07/31 – National Mutt Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!