Today, we’re excited to share our Spring & Summer Gift Guide Ideas which is actually a collection of 57 ideas perfect for teachers, friends, coworkers, brides, aunts, sisters, and of course Mother’s Day!
A few days ago, I took a mini poll asking moms what they reallywanted for Mother’s Day this year and it probably won’t surprise you, especially if you’re a mom, the answers fell into two categories:
- Gifts of time or service
- Gifts of luxury (as in a gift they wouldn’t normally buy themselves)
My own Mom will be traveling to Israel this year, so we’ll having a party to celebrate her tomorrow. Our gifts for her were inspired by the trip which she has been dreaming about for almost a year now.
I know buying gifts for that special lady in your life may not as easy as stopping by the mall to pick up her favorite bottle of perfume though. So, today, I thought I would give you a few tips and tricks to help you give a thoughtful gift she will treasure.
Before you buy any gift for any occasion, think about these things…
- What does the recipient need?
- What does the recipient want?
- What is the recipient interested in right now?
- What can I help the recipient do?
Once you come up with an answer to one or two of those questions, an idea or theme almost always appears! Depending on your budget you might even want to give gifts that complement each other. For example:
- Journal and pen
- Planner with colorful markers and stickers
- Garden pots, plants and gloves
- Beach bag, towel, cover up, sunscreen
- Cooking lessons with a new apron
- Bath robe with salts, a face mask, and a candle
- Travel book with a passport holder, and a plane ticket
- Monogrammed jewelry with a monogrammed gift box
- Weekend tote with a pre-planned get away
- Stand mixer with new cookie or baking sheets
- Camera with walking architecture or nature tour
- Date night plans with pre-scheduled babysitter
You get the idea, right? Make the gift all about what they want and make it as easy as possible! This includes remembering to pick up everything that might go with your gift from batteries to camera SD cards to the ingredients for a special meal to the picture you’re going to put in a locket or picture frame.
Since we all have different kinds women in our lives that deserve to be celebrated on Mother’s Day and throughout the season at showers, graduations, birthday parties, and retirement parties, I thought it would be helpful to put a few gift guides together for each of them.
Here are a few Spring & Summer Gift Ideas we spotted on Amazon…
**(Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
For the Cook or Baker
For the Gardener
For the Fitness Lover
For the Beauty Lover
For the Nautical Lover
As we’ve shared on our gift guides in the past, the most important thing you can give someone is the gift of your time.
Taking time to celebrate the women around you whether it’s your mom, sister, daughter, friends, neighbors, coworkers, aunts or grandmothers will always be one of the greatest gifts you can give not only to yourself but also to the ones you love most.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money or plan anything elaborate just be thoughtful and sincere in your giving then take an uninterrupted day to make special memories that will last a lifetime.Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.