We’re sharing 40 positive affirmations to kickstart your day!
This week, we’ve highlighted: simple morning routines, quick and easy smoothie prep packets, and basic ways to streamline your makeup and skincare products with budget-friendly storage ideas.
But there’s another important piece of my morning ritual that I haven’t shared with you yet and that’s daily positive affirmations.
Truth be told, it took me a while to get into affirmations.
I would say the words, but I didn’t necessarily believe what I was saying so they never really stuck.
It wasn’t until I realized *I was creating an identity around the words I spoke* every day that things began to finally change.
And that tiny mindset shift made all the difference.
What Is an Affirmation…
An affirmation is a soundtrack or a short phrase you repeat each day that positively affirms or helps to change the way you feel or think about yourself.
How To Write Your Own Positive Affirmation…
If you’ve never written a positive affirmation before it’s a lot easier than you might think. Basically, you start with these key things in mind:
*Keep them present.
For example: start your affirmation with “I am…I will…I feel…I can…I choose…”
*Keep them positive and uplifting.
*Make your positive affirmations accurate.
Create your affirmations around something you really want to achieve or work on.
*Keep them believable and affirm things you’re working towards daily.
For example: Don’t say, “I am a multi-millionaire” if you’re currently struggling to pay your bills. It creates cognitive dissonance.
Instead say something like, “I choose to be a good steward of the blessings I’ve been given and continue to seek opportunities to create wealth and financial abundance.”
*Make your positive affirmations resonate.
Specifically choose words that light you up and motivate you to achieve your highest goals and dreams.
40 Positive Affirmations to Kickstart Your Day…
- I support my well-being and self-worth with healthy choices.
- I am enough.
- I have the power to create a life I love.
- I am capable of figuring this out.
- I have the power to change.
- I can accomplish this goal.
- I have a gift for making the ordinary extraordinary.
- I am a good steward of what has been entrusted to me.
- I have the power to build the wealth I desire.
- I am making progress.
- I have everything I need to succeed.
- There is no limit to what I can or will achieve.
- I am worthy of financial success.
- My body is beautiful and strong.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am becoming who I was created to be.
- I nurture my body with love and compassion and honor its needs.
- I find and create beauty all around me.
- I am in control of my feelings and my reactions.
- I offer a unique and beautiful perspective because of my life experiences.
- I am making a difference in the world.
- I am grateful for this experience.
- I will be gentle and nurture myself as I navigate this journey.
- I believe in myself.
- I will hold onto hope.
- I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing. (Louise Hay)
- I am letting go of what no longer serves me well.
- I have limitless potential.
- I am wealthy in more ways than one.
- I welcome new opportunities into my life.
- I am willing to take the first step.
- I choose to live a rich and beautiful life.
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
- I am called by name. (Isaiah 43:1-4)
- I have been created for a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- I am clothed in wisdom. (Proverbs 16:16)
- I am strong and courageous. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
- I am clothed in strength and dignity. (Proverbs 31:24-25)
- I am grateful for everything God is doing in my life. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
My Daily Positive Affirmation Practice…
Firstly, if you’re just starting a positive affirmation practice, I encourage you to start small so it will become a daily habit.
For example, every morning the second my feet hit the floor, I tell myself, “Today is going to be a good day.”
Then I write a positive affirmation down in my planner as part of my morning routine. It’s become such an important part of my day, I do it on the weekends too!
Creating a Positive Mindset…
While positive affirmations will never be a substitute for therapy or counseling (you should 100% talk to your health care provider about getting the help you need and deserve) adding soundtracks and affirmations like the ones I’ve shared above have helped me to consistently create a more positive mindset.
A mindset I desperately need and continue to prioritize daily as a recovering perfectionist living with an anxiety disorder.
You see, years ago, I clearly remember walking in my cap and gown with my classmates into the auditorium for graduation.
Unquestionably, it had been a tough few years of grad school.
But the excitement was palpable as family and friends were cheering us on, holding up signs with our names on them and taking lots of pictures.
As I took my seat, I started thinking about the nearly impossible mountain I had overcome to even graduate.
Without a doubt, it should have been one of the happiest days of my life.
Instead of soaking in the abundant blessings that had helped get me to that point though, all I could think about were my grades and how I was this close to graduating summa cum laude had it not been for one B.
And then I started thinking about all the things I had allowed to get in my way, and I started beating myself up right in the middle of graduation.
You’re Worth The Investment…
While I’m grateful to be out of that headspace, there are still times I struggle to believe in myself and treat myself with kindness.
And if you’re honest, there might be areas where you struggle as well.
So, as we move forward into what promises to be an amazing year, I encourage you to think about the way you speak to yourself, the goals and dreams you have, and how you can incorporate soundtracks and positive affirmations into your daily life.
It’s truly one of the best investments you will make all year!
As always, I’ll be cheering you on,