Happy Friday and thanks so much for making us a part of your day!
I was just telling my bestie S who helps me run the website how amazing it is we get to be part of your story.
From birthday celebrations to the loss of loved ones and everything in between, it’s such a privilege to spend time with you each week and get to know you better.
I hope you know how much we appreciate you!
Q & A Friday…
How does your family stay so close? My brother, sisters and I couldn’t be more different.
We work on it – a lot!
I hope I never make it look easy because it takes an intentional and purpose-filled effort by every single one of us on a daily basis to keep our relationships solid.
We’re all very different too!
6 out of the 8 adults took the enneagram test. We discovered a 1, 3, 5, and three 9’s which helped us to understand each other in a new way.
5 of 12 in our pod are introverts which definitely helps manage noise/engagement/excitement levels when we’re together.
We also know each other’s love language (again 6 out of the 8) so it makes it easier to speak their language and I’m hoping we can all do the apology language assessment soon too.
Over the years, we’ve gotten better at talking things out, getting comfortable with our feelings, and giving each other gobs of grace. It’s not easy but we truly value each other which makes putting in all the effort totally worth it.
Do you still use the migraine stick you found on Amazon?
I do! In fact, I bought one for my baby sister who also suffers from migraines this past Christmas and she still uses it as well. It doesn’t stop the migraine by any means but it does help with nausea.
You can find a few other things in our wellness kit here.
How do you keep your dog’s feet clean? We just got a rescue and I feel like we’re going to go broke buying paw wipes.
Congratulations – rescues are the best!
In the beginning, we also used paw wipes but Piper was literally going through 10 or more wipes a day because she is a mischievous and curiously sweet jack russell terrier so I can definitely relate.
We finally ordered 2 stacks of white washcloths from Amazon and keep them by the door in a basket for easy access. It’s helped cut down on the waste a lot!
I wish you did more organization posts because they’re my favorite. I’m new to organizing and it feels overwhelming at times. Can you explain the difference between batching and systems?
Thanks so much! I’m definitely not an expert but I could talk about organization all day.
Batching is when you group tasks together in a single session. For example, I edit blog photos for the week in a specific block of time. Batching for you might look like meal prepping lunches for the week on Sunday morning or picking out your clothes for the entire week on Sunday night.
A system is when you string together healthy habits to make your life easier. For example, our trash is picked up on Wednesday mornings. So, every Tuesday night we clean out the refrigerator before we take the trash down, We finalize our grocery list on Wednesday because it’s easier to see what we have/need with the refrigerator cleaned out. Then we order our groceries on Thursday afternoon and pick them up on Thursday night while we’re out running errands. That way, we’re prepped and ready for the weekend and for the following week too.
While it’s really exciting to commit to living a more organized life, I can totally understand how it can be overwhelming when you feel like you need to do all the things.
Don’t be afraid to start small though. Be consistent with one task than another and another until you’re able to create a system that works for your lifestyle.
On Our Gratitude List This Week…
- Our family has officially gone from 35 1/2 to 36 and she’s such a cutie pie.
- My sweet aunt only has 1 month left of chemo treatments and we’re so excited for her!
- The rocking chairs for our front porch finally arrived and I can’t wait to paint them this weekend if the weather holds out.
- We went shopping for mums in a rainstorm then saw rainbows all the way home
- I was featured in the Fall edition of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style Magazine
A Few of Our Favorite Posts from Around the Web this Week…
Everything about West Meade is fabulous, but the designer lighting options are next level – don’t miss the chandeliers in the dining room!
This home tour looks like a dollhouse come to life – so pretty.
This rustic hideaway is simple yet beautiful all at the same time.
A rural farmhouse retreat that has a sophisticated fairytale vibe.
LOVED these free printable Fall bookmarks
These chargers are so pretty and would be the perfect way to freshen up your Fall tablescape!
Speaking of Fall tablescapes, the dinner club ladies blow me away with their creativity every month.
5 Tips for Carving Out a Chic Entertaining Space in a Small Urban Backyard has some really beautiful ideas. I wish we had considered several of them for our front porch area.
The top 20 hotels in New England if you’re planning a leaf-peeping trip this Fall.
5 Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System (and they’re totally doable)
Words to Live By…
Listening to This Week…
Each morning I’ve been waking up early to read through an advanced copy of Tanya Dalton’s book On Purpose and I’ve been learning SO MUCH!
I loved getting a peek into this coaching call via her podcast episode on Why Change is Hard (Even When We Know It’s Good For Us)
If you pre-ordered the book make sure you sign up for her free bonus course the Extraordinary Life Blueprint here. The book is really good so I’m super excited to dive into this 14-day course which starts on November 1st as well!
Books of the Month…
**(Amazon Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- September: Living the Simple Luxurious Life by Shannon Ables and New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
- October: On Purpose by Tanya Dalton and Feels Like Home by Marian Parsons ***SO excited to be a part of these book launch teams***
- November: Cozy White Cottage Seasons: 100 Ways to Be Cozy All Year Long by Liz Marie Galvan
- December: Dream Big by Bob Goff
On the Menu this Week…
Week of September 26th – October 3rd
- 09/26 Sunday: Pork Tenderloin with cauliflower mash, green beans, and apples
- 09/27 Monday: Cranberry Rosemary One Pan Chicken
- 09/28 Tuesday: Sheet Pan Nachos
- 09/29 Wednesday: Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear, & Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- 09/30 Thursday: Tuscan White Bean Soup
- 10/01 Friday: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 10/02 Saturday: Cinnamon and Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 10/03 Sunday: Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes
Sweet Treat to Try This Week…
A Few Fun Finds We Spotted Online at Amazon and Target This Week…
(Amazon and Target affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog Recently or the Archives, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
September Bucket List…
- Celebrate September Birthdays
- Celebrate Labor Day with Shrimp Rolls
- Fly the Flag for Patriot’s Day
- Try the New Apple Crisp Macchiato from Starbucks
- Create a Fall Bucket List
- Decorate the House for Fall
- Decorate the Porch for Fall
- Make a Courageous Choice Daily (even if it’s a mirco one)
- Schedule a Sisters Zoom Meeting
- Read the Book of the Month
- Keep Sundays Sacred
September Simplified and Organized Home Challenge…
Focus of the Month: Fall Planning & Seasonal Activities
- 09/03 – Fall Bucket List
- 09/10 – Transition Seasonal Items (coats, sweaters, ski gear, sports equipment)
- 09/17 – Purchase New Planner and Set Goals
- 09/24 – Family Calendar & Set Family Doctor Appointments
TCG Housekeeping Notes, Dates to Remember, and Upcoming Posts…
- 09/25 National Daughters Day
- 09/26 National Gold Star Mother’s and Family Day
- 09/26 National Pancake Day
- 09/28 National Voter’s Registration Day
- 09/29 National Coffee and National Starbucks Day
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!