From the Front Porch
Happy Friday from the front porch you guys! How has your week been? I hope it’s been a good one. This week has been all about getting back into the swing of things post Hurricane Irma. We’ve continued to clear debris piles and to make progress cleaning up around the house too.
I spent the beginning part of this week traveling back to my hometown for a funeral, the middle part unpacking pretty Christmas ornaments at the store and the end of the week working on two projects at Bliss Barracks. To say, I’m looking forward to a quiet weekend is a bit of an understatement ha ha.
Here’s a look at scenes from our week…
* I was really worried the flood waters would take away all our pretty flowers but I caught these goldenrods peeking out just waiting to be noticed.
* Back to the horse farm for another planning sesh.
* A few things I’ve picked up lately.
* Celebrating the launch of the new website with my bestie S who worked tirelessly to make it all happen!
* I pretty much ate #allthenaughtythings while waiting on Hurricane Irma so I’m trying to be better this week. I’m a total sucker for pretty packaging and this yogurt container was no exception. I haven’t had time to read any books or magazines this week so this postcard from my parents was a sweet surprise.
Here’s a peek at a few of our favorite things from around the web this week… (Affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Rustic meets refined in this family cottage – hello, cozy and gorgeous
Speaking of rustic, have you guys seen www.thelilypadcottage.com it’s really pretty.
This garden inspired fall mantel will make you want to run to the store and buy all the pumpkins.
I can’t wait to try these Harvest Apple Spice Donuts this weekend. They look so good!
Totally and completely obsessed with these chairs for the living room!
Words that can breathe life into the little girls around you.
5 Ways to Beat the Midday Slump
This looks like a fun read for fall
A few equestrian inspired finds from Amazon…
Magnolia Home Joslin Accent Pillow
If you’ve missed anything on the blog lately, here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to…
Easy Coffee Styling Tips with the Back to Basics Series
When Love Shows Up Hurricane Irma Style
5 Steps to Creating a Fall Mantel
How to Give New Pots an Aged Patina
I hope you guys all have a peace filled and relaxing weekend. I can’t wait to see you back here on Monday with all the details of the projects we’ve been working on at Bliss Barracks. Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
Coco, I’m so glad you’re back! Love your Friday musings From the Front Porch – thankful you are beginning to get back to normal. My heart still breaks for those who have such a long road ahead of them – they will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Love, love, love the 3 horses canvas! 🙂 Hoping you have a wonderful (maybe even restful) weekend!
CoCo – another great week! We love your weekly recaps and inspirations. BTW – naughty Hurricane Irma foods contain zero calories. Trust us – we know! Hugs to a great weekend!