Our Favorite Cleaning Essentials
We’re sharing our favorite cleaning essentials today!
This is probably going to sound weird, but I love everything about cleaning.
Especially, when I’m listening to a good podcast.
I love exploring new products and finding fresh ways to tweak our current cleaning routine to help make the week more manageable.
Truthfully, some of my best ideas have come while dusting surfaces and scrubbing toilets.
I know we all take a deep dive into spring cleaning this time of year. So, I thought I would share our favorite cleaning essentials.
These products not only help us keep our home clean for the spring season, but they also help us keep our home in tip-top shape throughout the year.
Here’s a look at our favorite cleaning essentials…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
Cleaning Essentials: Dusting
- Duster (with washable and detachable head – we use this all the time)
- Duster with Extender (currently in my cart because it also has washable and detachable heads)
- Microfiber Cloths (ours are sold out but these are similar)
- Swiffer Dusters (my aunt who has the cleanest house I’ve ever seen swears by these products)
Favorite Cleaning Essentials: Kitchen
- Coffee and Kettle Descaler (have and love)
- Dish Brushes (soft enough to use on our heirloom dishes)
- Finish Dishwasher Cleaner (in our quarterly cleaning kit)
- Dishcloths (helped us cut down on our paper towel consumption)
Cleaning Essentials: Bathrooms
- Detail Cleaning Brush (have and love)
- Handheld Scrubber (currently on my wish list)
- Toilet Brush Holder (have and love)
- Toilet Bowl Pumice Stone (great for hard water rings)
Favorite Cleaning Essentials: Floors and Easy Clean-Up
- Dust Buster (have and love)
- Bissel Icon Pet Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (we use the older version of this one every day)
- Vacuum Cleaner (our Dyson is still in decent shape but this one got great reviews)
- Steam Mop (have and love – the attachments make cleaning super easy. The only drawback is that it has a cord)
- Stain and Odor Eliminator (we even take this with us when we travel in case Piper’s anxiety causes an accident)
- Portable Lint Remover Rake (also great for travel)
- Chom-Chom (this product when viral for a reason)
- Portable Carpet Cleaner (my girlfriends swear by the machine)
Natural Cleaning Essentials We Love…
- Book (so many easy-to-follow recipes)
- Glass Spray Bottles (we have clear ones similar to these and love them)
- Essential Oil Set (a great place to start if you’re new to cleaning with essential oils)
- E-Cloth (so many people rave about these)
Cleaning Supplies We Use on A Regular Basis…
Mrs. Meyers * Folex * Toilet Bowl Cleaner * Magic Eraser
Murphy’s Oil Soap * Goo Gone * Bar Keepers Friend * Bon Ami
The Pink Stuff * Simple Green * Green Gobbler Septic Blast * Affresh Washing Machine
No matter if you’re trying to create a manageable cleaning routine or if you just want to deep clean for the season, now is a great time to discover the products that will help make cleaning your home easy peasy.
After all, if you can get on a consistent schedule now, it will make both the summer season and the holiday season much more enjoyable!
What are your favorite cleaning essentials?
Other Cleaning and Organizing Posts to Enjoy:
Modern Day Cleaning Schedule Made Easy
Our Favorite Organizing Essentials
52 Weeks to a Simplified and Organized Home Challenge
I love all of these ideas. Bar Keepers Friend specifically has done miracles around my home so many different times. This really is a smart one to have handy!
I totally agree, Heidi! I’m always shocked at how well it works on so many different surfaces. Hope you’re having the best week, CoCo
Hey there! I wish I was like you and actually enjoyed cleaning! You know I love an organized and tidy home, but I only clean because I have to, and not because I want to, lol!! However, after I discovered Norwex clothes, cleaning got a lot easier! Happy day! Donna
I’ve heard so many good things about the Norwex cloths, Donna, they sound amazing. I definitely need to look into those. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Hugs, CoCo PS: If you ever find a podcast you love I swear it makes your cleaning time go by so fast! Hugs, CoCo
I listen to podcasts while I clean too! Love all of your great cleaning recommendations. I’m excited to give some of them a try!
That’s so exciting, Missy! I’m totally with you on the cleaning/podcasting front. Sometimes I’ll get so involved in one I’ll keep finding things to clean. Hope you have the best week. Hugs, CoCo