Spring Cleaning & Organizing Task List
Today, we’re sharing a Spring cleaning and organizing task list made easy. And by easy, I mean these are things you can complete in 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes!
Shortly after Easter, we begin our annual tradition of spring cleaning, decluttering, and organizing.
We choose this time to begin each year because it finally feels like a lull between busy holidays where we can be fully focused on getting things done.
That way, we can fully enjoy late spring and summer adventures without having to worry about all the tasks that accompany a good spring cleaning and organizing sesh.
A Fresh Approach…
While we normally tackle our tasks by category and room, this year, we’ve decided to change things up, and tackle items by the amount of time we have in our schedules to devote to completing each task.
As you guys know, our schedules are constantly packed trying to take care of all the things and I know so many of you are in a similar situation.
Sometimes, just the thought of having to add one more thing to the already crammed to-do list is enough to stress you out.
Especially, when you have a lot on your plate already.
In an effort to simplify tasks we know we need to take care of, we’ve devised a spring cleaning and organizing task list based solely on how long each task might take.
There’s a free printable at the end of this post to help you keep track of your spring cleaning and organizing tasks too.
Here’s a look at the spring cleaning and organizing task list you can completely customize based on your current schedule…
5 Minute Cleaning and Organizing Tasks
- Make your bed with fresh linens.
- Make a to-do list and highlight your top three priorities.
- Shred bills, documents, or mail you no longer need.
- Label a box or envelope to keep receipts and tax documents organized.
- Sort through old pencils, pens, and markers and throw away any that no longer work or donate the ones you no longer need.
- Clean out your purse or work bag.
- Return a text or email you’ve been putting off.
- Clean your phone, tv remote, and other electronic devices that are used often.
- Delete apps on your phone you no longer use.
- Delete photos on your phone you no longer want.
- Wipe down the bathroom counter, the sink, or the mirror.
- Clean your make-up bag.
- Clean your make-up brushes.
- Empty the trash bins in the bathrooms.
- Clean the toilet.
- Wipe down one door.
- Scrub the kitchen sink.
- Freshen up the garbage disposal.
- Declutter and stack plastic containers used for lunches and food prep.
- Empty the trash in the kitchen.
10 Minute Cleaning and Organizing Tasks
- Organize the top of your nightstand.
- Organize your purse or work bag.
- Purge any expired cosmetics.
- Clean out your car.
- Sort through and organize the mail on your countertop.
- Straighten up frequently used drawers.
- Declutter under the kitchen sink.
- Deep clean the microwave.
- Deep clean your cooktop.
- Clean your coffee pot.
- Clean and sharpen knives.
- Freshen up and vacuum carpets and rugs.
- Clean ceiling fan blades.
- Clean air vents.
15 Minute Cleaning and Organizing Tasks
- Declutter and organize one junk, desk, or kitchen drawer.
- Create and organize folders for documents you use on a regular basis on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
- Declutter your email inbox.
- Clean off your desk.
- Declutter your books, magazines, and catalogs.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet.
- Clean out your spice drawer.
- Create a menu for the week.
- Wash a window.
- Wipe down the baseboards in at least one room.
- Create size-specific bedding packets (bedding packets are when you put a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcase inside the matching pillowcase so that each set is contained altogether)
- Scrub and disinfect trash bins.
- Clean blinds and window treatments in one room.
- Sanitize and seal cutting boards.
20 Minute Cleaning and Organizing Tasks
- Clean out expired food from your pantry.
- Clean out expired food from your refrigerator.
- Sort through items in your closet to donate.
- Put away seasonal items like winter coats, sweaters, shoes, etc.
- Wipe down all the surfaces in one room.
- Wipe down appliances.
- Clean out your oven.
- Clean out your dishwasher.
- Replace bulbs, filters, and batteries in smoke alarms.
- Clean out the fireplace.
- Refresh plants in pots.
- Sweep away cobwebs from the front or back porch.
30 Minute Cleaning and Organizing Tasks
- Organize your pantry by category and clean/wipe each shelf/bin.
- Organize your refrigerated by category and clean/wipe each shelf/bin.
- Deep clean floors.
- Flip all mattresses.
- Launder pet beds and linens.
- Organize your closet by category and color.
- Organize your linen closet by category.
The exciting part of this extensive list is you can use it to keep track of your cleaning and organizing tasks all year long not just for the spring season. You can also customize it to fit your family’s schedule for the way you actually live!
Housekeeping can definitely be overwhelming at times but I’ve come to appreciate that small steps and consistent habits can lead to big impacts. Before you know it you’ll be making cleaning and organizing progress all over the place ?
Let us know what’s on your cleaning and organizing task list this year! Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
Task List Printable:
Spring Cleaning & Organizing Task List (this link will take you to the full printable)
Other Posts on Organizing to Enjoy:
52 Weeks to a Simplified and Organized Home Challenge
Pantry Organization Tips Made Easy
10 Tips for Creating a More Organized Life
Hey CoCo – this is a great, manageable list. We’ve been Spring cleaning and deep cleaning too! Still waiting for the pollen to completely clear out before we totally throw the windows open LOL Thanks so much for the printable. Now…where’s that self-cleaning garage button? 🙂
Preach it ladies, our garage is a disaster! It is so bad, I can’t even talk about it. We’re always looking for ways to make cleaning and organizing tasks more manageable so I’m glad you guys like the list. It’s way easier to tackle it a little bit along and along than to try and fit it all in one day or even an entire weekend cuz nobody’s got time for that 🙂 Hugs, CoCo
This is a long list Coco but very comprehensive. I often find myself with 5 or 10 free minutes before having to pick the girls up each day which means I’ll be putting this to good use. Thanks, Sarah
ha ha It is a long list, Sarah. I just wanted to make sure I had everything covered because I know how hard it can be to try and tackle a room in one day much less an entire house, you know? 5 or 10 minutes here and there seems totally doable which is exciting. Hugs, CoCo
I’m going to put this list on our refrigerator. The girls are always asking me how they can “help” and several of these quick and easy tasks areg will be great for them to pitch in and help with. Thanks for making this so easy,
Seeing the word “help” in quotes gives me the giggles Ashley! We had chores as a kid and looking back it definitely makes you realize all the different tasks it takes to run a household. Let me know how it works out for them. Hugs, CoCo
Thanks for the printable Coco it will surely help me stay on track.
You are very welcome, Bonnie, any time! Hugs, CoCo
Organizing cleaning tasks by time is such a smart, fresh way to do things. Thank you for sharing this printable… I can’t wait to get organized and declutter!!
Thank you so much, Heidi! I swear last year went by at a snails pace but this year is flying by so fast we’re only able to steal a few minutes here and there. Honestly, every little bit helps though. Cheering you on, CoCo
So many great ideas. I’ve got to slow down and get some spring cleaning done for sure. I’ve got so many great ideas. Thanks
I really appreciate it, Rachel, thank you! While we’ve never met in person but I feel like we could totally be best shopping buds, reading the words “slow down” made me laugh out loud. You could definitely teach a class in staying focused and getting things done. I love your energy and your drive and I know you’ll have your home in ship-shape in no time! Sending you lots of hugs sweet friend, CoCo