Happy Friday from the front porch sweet friends and welcome to the Birthday Edition!
After the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s been amazing to slow down and savor some of our favorite things about winter.
So far, we’ve celebrated 4 birthdays, made our annual trip to Renningers, attended one of the largest lantern festivals in the US, tried out 2 new restaurants, started 3 new books, met my parents for brunch and a movie, got the house back in order, tweaked our routines, and created a 24 in ‘24 list.
Just reading through that paragraph seems like a lot.
And truthfully, at the time, it felt like a lot.
But looking back, I’m grateful for the opportunity to make the winter season a special one.
I hope you’ve had a chance to make some fun memories as well!
So, as we move forward into February, I encourage you to think about how you want to show up for yourself and your family, the ways you want craft each day, the special events you want to commemorate, the positive habits you want to continue and the wins you want to celebrate this month.
Sometimes all it takes is searching the local events page in your town for ideas.
Or looking through your calendar and asking yourself, “Where can I fit in a trip to an art gallery, an antique show, a night at the symphony or the ballet?”
Other times it’s giving yourself something to look forward to like a room refresh, a girl’s weekend, or a couple’s retreat.
Maybe you need to check into a hotel and give yourself quiet time to finally start that book you’ve always wanted to write, to enjoy a spa day and rest, to try a new hobby, or to figure out what you really want out of life.
No matter how you choose to dive into the month, I encourage you to make time for what matters most to you.
After all, the days are going to pass anyway and there’s no time like the present to do the things that make your heart sing.
As always, I’ll be cheering you on.
A Few of Our Favorite Things from Around the Web This Week…
Beautiful Home and Garden Tours:
- There are so many things to love about this Brooklyn home tour via AD including the most fabulous bed nook.
- I was SHOCKED when I read Cynthia of Darling Down South had created these gorgeous spaces using AI. She has such a beautiful eye for design!
- How amazing are these flowers arranging room ideas? (via Flower Magazine)
- The Valentine heart garland Cindy from Cloches and Lavender made looks amazing.
- Rachel from The Ponds Farmhouse always comes up with the best ideas including these 12 Creative DIY Valentines Gift Ideas for Under $5
- Leave it to Jen to come up with this fabulous Galentine’s Day tablecape.
- Kim from Cottage in the Mitten made the cutest wreath for Valentine’s Day.
Health and Wellness Inspiration:
- Expert Advice: How to Reach Your Financial Goals This Year (via The Everygirl – these are totally doable no matter what your financial goals are this year)
- 5 Ways to Make Time for a Friend When You’re Really Tired (via Self – I feel like these ideas could work with extended family members too)
- 99 Ways to Creatively Recharge (via The Good Trade)
Style and Travel Inspiration:
- Have you seen the trailer for this show yet? It looks like an interesting watch.
- Everything you need to see from the Spring and Summer couture shows (via Harpers Bazaar)
- 12 “Old Money” Nail Ideas That Are the Epitome of Quiet Luxury (via The Everygirl)
Simple Pleasures and Little Luxuries:
- I gave the monogrammed version of this to my Mom for her birthday and she loved it.
- Speaking of gifts, I can’t wait for this little surprise to to arrive.
- Did you know Southern Living has a collection at Dillards? There are lots of pretty items to explore.
If You’ve Missed Anything from the Blog or the Archives Recently, Here’s a Peek At What We’ve Been Up To…
Dear Future Self… (One of our most popular Encouragement of the Month posts)
You Can Find Last Week’s From the Front Porch here, if you missed it…
Organizing the Week Ahead…
Words to Live By:
Dates to Celebrate and Commemorate:
- 02/01 Order February Cards and Special Occasion Gifts and Plans
- 02/01 Change Your Password Day
- 02/02 Groundhog Day
- 02/09 National Pizza Day
- 02/10 Lunar New Year Begins
- 02/11 National Latte Day
- 02/11 Super Bowl Sunday
Weekly Simplified and Organized Home Challenge Task:
- Declutter and Organize the Pantry and Spices
- Declutter and Organize the Refrigerator
3 Simple Ways to Celebrate the Season:
- Send a Card or Flowers to an Old Friend, Loved One, or Someone Special
- Take an Elderly Neighbor or Friend to Lunch
- Listen Intently Without Distractions
Birthday Party Inspiration We Spotted Online at Amazon This Week…
(Amazon affiliate links have been provided for your convenience. As an Amazon and Impact Media Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Any sales made through such links will support us with a small commission at no extra cost for you. You can read our full disclosure policy here)
- Tablecloth (used Lux Blush for the party)
- Tiered Tray (we had one wire tiered tray for tea sandwiches but I wish we would have had this style too)
- Earrings (I wore vintage earrings but these would have been so pretty)
- Barbie Book (so excited for this book to come out)
- Nail Concealer (have, love, and wear on a regular basis)
- Banner Kit (an easy way to celebration special occasions year round)
- Plate Set in Antique Rose (these are a peachy pink color, I didn’t have the cracking problems reported in the reviews but they are on the thin side so keep that in mind)
- Shoes (wore all night)
- Pink Garland (bought the pink and Gold Garland and will definitely use again)
- Illuminator (have, love, and wear almost daily)
- Tattoos (gave to the littles to take home and they were tickled pink)
- Ramekins (have, love, and use all the time)
- Weighted Blanket (the weighted blanket I got for Christmas was too heavy, considering this alternative)
- Sweater (comes in so many pretty shades)
- Hair Rollers (have, love, and use all the time)
- Luminary Bags (we used these with battery operated candles and they were magical. You may have to weigh them down if it’s windy though)
As always, we appreciate you more than you could ever know, and we hope your weekend is peace-filled and relaxing. We can’t wait to share even more with you next week!