We’re teaming up with some talented and creative ladies for our Simple Ways to Celebrate Fall Home Tour hosted by Terrie of Decorate and More with TIp!
If you’re coming over from Chloe’s blog, Celebrate and Decorate, welcome, we’re happy to have you here.
Chloe is constantly inspiring me with her fantastic ideas and her beautiful tablescapes. I swear I could spend a day going through her craft room and dish pantry!
This Fall we’ve been really intentional about slowing down to savor our favorite things about the season.
I haven’t been shy about saying some years we’re so excited for Fall to arrive we’re up in the attic bringing big bins filled with decorating goodies from pumpkins to leaves to pinecones down from the attic in early August.
Let’s be honest, Florida doesn’t truly have a Fall season, so we have to work twice as hard to create our own.
This year though, we decided to forgo the hustle and bustle which usually accompanies our weekend-long decorating frenzy for a more relaxed approach.
We put more emphasis on creating simple ways to celebrate Fall throughout the house here and there as we had time.
While it drew the overall decorating process out a bit longer than I expected, it was really nice to be able to take our time crafting pumpkins, seasonal vignettes and enjoying all that Fall has to offer.
Here’s a look at simple ways to celebrate Fall home tour…
Celebrate Fall in the Entry:
Decorating the entry for Fall is a simple way to welcome your family, neighbors, and guests into your home.
Keep things festive yet organized…
- Hang a Fall inspired wreath or wall art.
- If you have a bench, add textured and seasonal pillows.
- Use baskets for shoes, the mail or to keep blankets handy for game day.
- Use hooks for coats, purses, backpacks, and keys.
- Add a mirror for a last-minute check before heading out the door.
- Make a command center with your Fall bucket list activities and family calendar.
Simple Ways to Celebrate Fall in the Dining Room:
Gathering around the table to enjoy a meal together is one of my all-time favorite activities. I know the dining room has become a multi-purpose room over the years though.
Here are a few ways to enjoy Fall in the dining room…
- Create a Fall harvest inspired centerpeice
- Add bits of nature to your dining room hutch
- Light candles and linger over dinner
- Ask Alexa to play your favorite station or put on a record
- Use the dining room to host a soup, chili or stew buffet
- Make the dining room a place to paint pumpkins, a Fall inspired sign, glass glitter pumpkins or brown and white transferware pumpkins.
Celebrate Fall in the Living Room:
Decorating the mantel for Fall is a really simple way to add a festive and seasonal feel to your living room. I know a lot of people dread decorating it because the process can feel overwhelming, so we broke it up into 5 easy steps.
Other ways to make your living room feel cozy this season…
- Lighting a cozy fire in your fireplace and adding a few cinnamon scented pinecones.
- Snuggling up in a thick and luxuriously soft blanket.
- Watching your favorite movie with a Fall inspired popcorn mix.
- Waking up an hour early for uninterrupted quiet time and a pumpkin spice latte.
- Reading a good book or magazine from cover to cover. You can read a list of our favorite books coming out this season here.
- Create pillow forts, turn off all the lights and read or tell spooky stories by flashlight or glow stick.
- Host a family game or karaoke night.
Simple Ways to Celebrate Fall in the Breakfast Nook:
Hands down, our breakfast nook is one of the hardest-working spaces in our home. We use it multiple times a day, so we like to keep the décor festive yet functional.
Consider these ideas to help make Fall memories in the breakfast nook easy peasy…
- Make pumpkin pancakes.
- Roll out the kraft paper and carve pumpkins.
- Keep your centerpeice super simple.
- Eat a meal off seasonal or vintage dishes.
- Create a beautiful Fall tablescape.
- Craft an epic coffee or apple cider bar.
- Host a Fall or Halloween inspired party with little nibbles and a dessert station.
Celebrate Fall in the Kitchen:
There is nothing like lifting the lid on a bubbly pot of soup to take in the scents of the season, easing freshly baked bread from the oven, or lighting a Fall candle.
The kitchen is the heart of the home for good reason.
Here are a few ways to nourish your loved ones in the kitchen this season…
- Make a complete meal using only seasonal ingredients.
- Bake a pie or fresh loaf of bread to share.
- Craft caramel apples.
- Make a Fall inspired sugar scrub.
- Try a new soup recipe.
- Toast pumpkin seeds.
- Play music while you’re cooking.
- Buy fresh kitchen towels.
- Light a Fall inspired candle.
- Create a Fall simmer pot.
- Clean the kitchen with a Fall inspired scent from Mrs. Meyers.
While this might seem like a long list of simple ways to celebrate Fall and create a cozy seasonal home, we know firsthand how quickly the days pass.
Especially, in the last 100 days of the year!
Our goal is to always encourage you to do what works best for your personal style and the way you actually live.
You don’t have to go all out with seasonal decorating unless you want to!
Placing quick and easy vignettes around the most commonly used areas of your home will feel festive without all the extra fuss.
We hope these easy ideas show you don’t have to have a lot of money or big bins of Fall décor to make your season festive and memorable.
Up next on the blog hop is Tammy with Patina and Paint! Once you’re finished there be sure to check out what the rest of these fabulous ladies are sharing!
Other Fall Home Tours to Enjoy:
- Elegant Fall Home Tour with Roses
- Elegant Fall Front Porch Tour
- Embracing Fall Home Tour
- Fall Porch Decorating Ideas
- Fall Front Porch Tour